Some Items of Unimportance

Firstly, I just learned that unimportance is a word. I mean, I knew things could be unimportant, but unimportance just seems uncorrect.

Anywho, how are you guys? I want you to know that I’ve been thinking of you, even though I’ve been absent recently.

What did everyone think of the Super Bowl? Any favorite commercials? I hosted a party with about 15 friends. It was a lot of fun. Here’s a sample of the fare.

I made Pioneer Woman’s Drip Beef Sandwiches. While I did not eat any because, well ewwww, I did hear that a couple of people enjoyed them and they were a cinch to make, so I’m recommending the recipe to those of you who enjoy things like beef.

On Monday night I made these Sweet Potato Biscuits and I am HIGHLY recommending those to you. They were SO GOOD and very simple. I even packed the leftovers for lunch on Tuesday. I slapped some shaved turkey and pepper jack cheese on those puppies and it made a very satisfying lunch. I added a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar to this recipe.
And because this is apparently now a food blog, I will tell you about something else that has made my lunches very satisfying recently. Jell-O Mousse Temptations. 60 calories and a real treat for the palate.
Something that’s probably not going to be very satisfying to my palate is this: http://www.bloodwatermission.com/fortydays.php. I signed up to participate in a challenge called “40 Days of Water.” Beginning February 17, I’m supposed to drink only tap water for 40 days. I think it will be a lot harder than I originally anticipated. No Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Lattes in the mornings, no ICEEs at the movies, no cocktails at Happy Hour with the girls. It’s sad that such a small sacrifice is going to be such a challenge for me. If you feel so led, you should join me!

Comments

  1. That beef was AMAZING!!! Did you do the italian or the regular because I need to make that recipe as soon as possible. Good job on the super bowl party... fantastic as always! Steve and I can't help ourselves from watching the Doritos commercial with the little boy over and over again. And sometimes he gets in my face and says, "Keep your hands off my mama, keep your hands off my Doritos."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginna, you are too sweet. I made the Italian option on Sunday. You and Steve crack me up--too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah! I like your blog... so good luck on the water challenge! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When can I be expecting to try those sweet potato biscuits?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts