A New Life Plan

I needed to get out of town this weekend and see the world. This was a decision I made on Friday afternoon at approximately 4PM Mountain Standard Time. When you're trying to plan a weekend getaway, I might suggest that you give yourself a little more than three hours notice. The three-hour-notice-plan severely limits your options when your budget is six dollars and you've got The Rockies on one side and Kansas on the other. Each of these things happens to be true for moi.

Which is the only explanation I have for why I ended up in Santa Fe for the weekend. Enough about the hows and whys of it all, though. I want to tell you about the new life plan I came up with whilst in Santa Fe. I'm going to travel the globe in search of the World's Best Crepe.


My track record over the last several weekends has proven that I am drawn to locales with amazing creperies. Look at that beauty! I almost cried when the waitress brought it out. It was wonderful.


I think I've finally found my calling in life.


Anyway, enough about food. Santa Fe was a really cool city. It was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of culture, shopping, neat restaurants, and of course the crepes. The highlight, though, was that there happened to be a carnival less than one stone's throw away from our hotel. And if anybody loves a carnival/fair/amusement park, it's this girl.


Recently, I had become discouraged with the quality of the fairs, etc. that I've attended in the last several years. Let me tell you why. There is not a person on the planet that enjoys this ride

more than I do. I will laugh until I cry each and every time I ride Pharaoh's Fury/The Sea Dragon. However, this ride appears to no longer be a must-have on the shortlist of carnival rides. I haven't been able to ride it the last TWO YEARS of summer festivals because NO ONE has it anymore. But Santa Fe delivered. In a big way. The Carnie who was operating the ride got the biggest kick out of watching me act like a four-year-old every time the boat crested. Ah, memories. I think we can go ahead and count The Santa Fe Getaway of 2010 as a success.

And since I've neglected to update you on my life recently, we'll just do it all in one fell swoop. I started another SIP (Self-Improvement Plan) a while ago and I'm seeing the results of making an actual lifestyle change. I didn't want to talk about it on here until I had something substantial to report because I think we're all tired of hearing about my failed SIPs. But I climbed the Incline last weekend and cut about 30 minutes off of my time. It's amazing what you can do when you stop carrying 20lbs. of 'fluff' around. Imagine how quickly I'll get to the top when I'm down 40lbs. of 'fluff'.

And I got to see Dierks Bentley in concert again last weekend. He's so great and he has an all-acoustic, bluegrass album coming out in about a month, so he did an all-acoustic show. It was different for him but totally worked. The picture is so crummy because they didn't allow cameras in so I had to snap this on my phone. You can just make out his lovely locks.
Today, as you are probably aware, is Monday. Here's how mine started out: 1) Trip to the dentist at 7am for the first time in WAAAAAYYY too long. 2) Forgot breakfast because of the dental excursion. 3) Tried to purchase a granola bar from the vending machine at work. 4) Granola bar stuck in vending machine. 5) Vigorous shaking of vending machine. 6) Crushing of Micah by vending machine.

Number six didn't actually happen because I didn't want to be one of the eight some-odd Americans who are killed each year by teetering vending machines. So I gave up and ate a doughnut from the all staff meeting I missed/forgot about because of my dental obligations. Doughnut-1 SIP-0.

Comments

  1. 1. There is a crepery in Manitou that is calling out to us.
    2. You forgot to blah about the creeper that checked us in on Friday night.
    3. Santa Fe Getaway 2010: Bean and Gone. Amen. Hallelujah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these crepes look fabulous and I am envious of your little weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts