Don't Cry For Me, Argentina

It looks like this tonsillectomy needs to happen sooner rather than never, like I was hoping. I woke up today and my tonsils are the size of the planet formerly known as Pluto. If you wanna get technical, it's still known as Pluto; it's just not a planet anymore. But enough about astronomy. I was hoping to at least wait until after my race in August to have them hacked out, but it seems that might be impossible. At this point, I may go straight home and attempt to cut them out myself.

I'll spare you any further details about my otolaryngology for now. Instead, I'm going to switch to a melodramatic plea for sympathy about the fact that I had my first bicycle wreck as an adult last night. Other than some mild to moderate contusions, I'm happy to report that I survived and emerged relatively unscathed. It's a good thing I invested in that helmet. My steering skills are evidently so atrocious that I almost steered right off of a bridge into a small ravine. Luckily, I was gifted with exceptional survival instincts and thus, I was able to navigate the near-fatal crash with poise and confidence.

I was also gifted with a small proclivity for exaggeration and maybe some histrionics. Hey, it makes my stories wildly entertaining, if only slightly true.

Comments

  1. This post is maybe your best yet. You, kind lady, are a GREAT writer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts