Some Stuff 'N Things. Perspecitve and the Like.
Well. This moving thing is for the birds. My parents were here for almost a week and I am telling you we would not have accomplished 85% of this move without them. They packed and carried and loaded and unloaded and organized and hung ceiling fans and like, such as. I'm tired just thinking about all of the work they did while I sat on my couch and cried. In all seriousness, we are so appreciative of all the help they gave us.
I don't care how many times I have to add-on and remodel our 800 square foot home, I am never moving again. Ever. Ever.
I might be a tad bit testy and overly emotional about moving because A) I have now had a bronchitis-pneumonia-death-dying-cough-disease for going on three weeks and B) I am still trying to settle into my new job, which has been a teeny bit more stressful than I had expected. That would mostly be because budgets due now! yearly goals due now! and everything you could possibly think of due now! Oh, hi. I don't know what my job even entails. You'd like me to write a strategic plan for the entire organization? That's perfectly perfect.
I am tired. I am drained. And I feel like a guest in my own home. BUT...
I need a little perspective. This blog is mostly a humorous outlet for me. I like to try to get words out that I would want to read and laugh about. For my own heart and attitude, though, sometimes I need to shift from the sarcastic and over-the-top to some truth and gratitude. Therefore, I am thankful...
That we have a roof over our heads.
That we both have good jobs.
That our new home is much closer to those jobs.
That my health is normally good and I don't deal with chronic pain or illness.
That I have an opportunity in my new job to grow and stretch and learn new things.
And that even if we didn't have all of these things, we would still bless His name.
I just needed to remind myself.

Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog!