25 Week Bumpdate

Black must really be slimming because I feel like I look much bigger than this photo indicates. 

Size of baby: Miss Rego weighs about 1.5 lbs. and is about 13.5 inches long. Baby Center says she's the size of a rutabaga, but I don't know what that is. I wish they'd stop vacillating between things that weigh as much as she does and things that are as long as she is. Use the proper terminology, please, Baby Center. I highly doubt she's the size of this:
 
when last week she was the size of corn or something. She may WEIGH as much as a rutabaga, but I don't think she's curled into a three inch ball. 

Size of mother: Yikes. Can we not talk about this? I gained NINE POUNDS in a matter of weeks, but I think something was off with the scale, so I will update after my next appointment if, in fact, it is determined that something was wrong with the scale. The nurse practitioner I had that day was very kind and said I was still doing great as far as net weight gain goes.

What's on the menu: Well, to sum up, a lot of everything.  

Best part of the week: Jarred finally got to feel little miss move! I've been feeling her for several weeks, but she's always really still as soon as he tries to feel it, so it took some time. 

Worst part of the week: I started having hip pain and pelvic pain this week. I hope they'll come and go, rather than getting worse as time progresses. Also, I spent four out of five days of my Spring Break in bed with a serious cold/allergy issue. 

Sleep: Well, I've started snoring really loudly (according to the phone recordings Jarred has provided me with as evidence). It's not affecting my sleep as much as it is his. I've also started some weird sighing noises that are involuntary and wake me up. Very strange. 

Thankful for: A job that gives me a Spring Break and great parents/ soon-to-be grandparents who came to Colorado to help get things ready for the baby. They painted furniture and got the crib together, helped me hang curtain rods, and fixed up some things in the house. It was really helpful. Miss Rego has some really good grandparents. 

Comments

  1. Well where are all the pictures of the baby room and the workers?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts