I Should Probably Blog About the Birth of My Child

I had a baby...7 months ago! I'm sure anyone who reads this blog probably knows me IRL, so I doubt I'm sharing any news of interest with anyone. Regardless, I'd like to document at least a small portion of my child's life on the blog and what better time to do it than now while she's napping peacefully?

We named our little girl Kate Redacted to Protect Her Identity from Internet Creepers. She was born on a day in the middle of July. She missed her due date by exactly 23 minutes. She decided to charge into the world in a ten hour period with hardly any indication that she was coming beforehand.


She used to be tiny and now she isn't. See?
Well, she's still pretty small. She's just not the 7lb 8oz baby she once was. Parenthood, man. Am I right? It is an adjustment. Or, as I keep describing it, shocking. Jarred and I have marveled at length about how it's impossible to fully prepare yourself, so I won't be giving out an words of wisdom to parents-to-be. And if you're already a parent, you probably know what I mean.

But. She is such a joy most of the time. She has the most fun little personality and a very strong will. I am staying home with her and it's so much fun to get to be with her for all of the "firsts."

Anyway, hopefully I get back to blogging regularly but right now I'm going to wrap it up because my eyes are drooping and it's only 11 am. Maybe she'll let me take a nap...







Comments

Popular Posts