For Real

Yesterday in church I became positively overwhelmed with gratitude and emotion for the love, grace, and mercy I’ve been given. So today I’d like to share some thoughts about that with you in a rare but heartfelt moment of sincerity.

I love Jesus. I don’t always say it and I don’t always do the best job of showing it. But I do.

I also have questions and doubts and fears and sometimes I really don’t understand the God that I’m trying to serve. I keep coming back, though, because there is nothing else. In spite of all the struggles I have with my faith, I know without a doubt that truly surrendering my life to Christ is the best way to live.

I know what misplaced trust looks like, as I’m sure we all do. I frequently place my trust in things that have no value. I know what people’s homes and families and situations can become when they turn to the things of this world to ease their pain and heartache. I hurt for them. And I hurt for me. Because I know that I’m not living the abundant life like I could be. I’m not showing them what it’s like to live in victory.

If you’re reading this and you’ve never had any grace extended to you; if you’ve felt judged instead of loved, condemned instead of cared for, I’m sorry. I’m sorry that the unbelievable love that God has for you hasn’t been translated to you through His people; through me.

If you’re reading this and you know how much God loves you, I challenge you to show others that love. My earnest prayer as a follower of Christ is that I will be known for how I love others. It is not enough to say that I care for people or to shed tears over their stories. I want to show others His love in practical, real ways no matter how tired I am or how crummy I think my day has been. It is much easier said than done.

I am praying for you today, whether I know you or not. If there is something specific I can pray for you about or some way I can show you love today, e-mail me or leave it in the comments.

I pray that you would know God’s love for you today in a tangible way and that it would change how you see yourself and others. You are loved with an everlasting, unchanging, all-encompassing love.

Just thought you should know.

Comments

  1. I was in my criminal justice class today, and my professor (who is on the Pastoral staff at his church) told us that the best way to show you're a Christian is in how you love others... so I think I'm meant to hear this message today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are embraced with an all encompassing love from your Lord and Savior and from your mere mortal MeeMaw forever and always. Praise God for your sweet precious heart and soul. MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked for the "like" option on this post and then remembered that this isn't Facebook. But I give it a thumbs up. So good. God is so good to us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts