The Great Tonsillectomy of 2010

Where to begin? A lot has happened since I wrote last. I went to Oregon for a beautiful wedding, I'm now sans tonsils, and oh yeah, I snagged a man. That's right, after a brief near-decade of being single, I now have a cute little boyfriend, Jarred. Who will probably be nothing short of thrilled to read that I've described him this way.

Jarred was extremely helpful during my tonsillectomy recovery, so I have to keep him around at least for a little while. I returned to work yesterday after having my tonsils removed almost two weeks ago with some type of radio frequency device. Coblation, they call it. All I know is if you're going to have your tonsils out, Coblation is the way to go. Even though I have no scientific information on the risks and possible side effects. I had hardly any pain and I was able to eat almost anything I wanted. Probably a good explanation for why I'm the only person on the planet who has ever GAINED weight while recovering from a tonsillectomy. I kid you not.

Regardless, I'm back at work now which is clearly why I'm able to write a blog post. I mean, who can keep up with a blog when you have eight days off of work, interrupted only by the weekends?

I started to feel like myself again on Sunday. So last night, fancying a wild night, I decided to catch up on my laundry. I found pants I had completely forgotten about. I've gained an entirely new wardrobe!

This morning I put on a pair of those freshly laundered and nearly forgotten pants, matched it with a beautiful blue summer sweater, poured myself a glass of Green Machine Naked Juice, and promptly spilled it all down my front while trying to get in the car.

Evidently the force of me plopping down into the Jeep is enough to alter the pull of the tides. I literally felt a gravitational shift. I have no idea why I would be so careless while holding an open cup of dark green algae stuff. Suffice to say, my lovely outfit had to be re-laundered immediately and I was a tad bit late for work, which they always appreciate after you've been on an extended leave of absence.

In other news, my car battery decided on Sunday that it couldn't wait until I get back from Arkansas next week to pass into the after life, so I had to purchase a shiny new car battery yesterday. Oh, unexpected expenses like surgery and car repairs, you are a treat.

I think the point of this post can be summed up with twenty-eight words: I needed to catch you up, not only on the big occurences in my life over the last month, but also on the minutia. So there you go.

Comments

  1. I do so enjoy reading your blog.>>>Great command of the English language. Can't wait to be with you this week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your surgery went well! I had a friend get her tonsils out as an adult and afterward was about ready to shoot herself to get a little relief, which apparently is common in adult tonsillectomies. SOOO glad you had a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts