The Long Haul
Settle in. This is going to be a long one. I introduced my new BF briefly in the last post, but I don't think I really did him justice. Describing him as my "cute, little boyfriend" was probably not the best choice. He is so cute and adorable, though.
See?
Sorry for the poor picture quality. We had to take it on a phone because when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
I also probably could have gotten rid of my large quilted hip tumor, er purse. And maybe we could have touched and pretended we like each other. Next photo. I'll get better, I promise.
Enough about my inability to take a decent photo.
Jarred recently accompanied me on a road trip to the land of my birth-- Arkansas. We had to drive because my doctor says the FAA has rules about grounding planes for people whose throats begin hemorrhaging at 35,000 feet due to their recent tonsillectomies. Picky, picky.
I've never met a road trip I didn't like, though, so it was great good fun. Jarred hosts a nightly radio show from 10-11pm so last Thursday night, we embarked on our journey at approximately 11:30pm. We drove all night and made it to Talequah, OK in time to have a lovely visit with Jarred's grandparents. Then we continued on to Fort Smith.
We went home to celebrate a milestone birthday that my Paw Paw had this week. He probably doesn't want me to tell you which one, but it rhymes with schmeighty. And he doesn't look a day over schmsixty. It was such a wonderful time of visiting with family and friends, and celebrating my amazing grandfather. If you haven't met him, you totally should. If you're ever passing through Booneville, I'll hook you up.
Jarred handled meeting the family like a champ. He got to meet all of my immediate family, grandparents, and some extended family. We were also able to have dinner with some of my lifelong friends. It was a fantastic trip.
Last night Ashley, Alecia, and I traveled to Cheyenne, WY for a concert at Cheyenne Frontier Days. We saw Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert. It was a serious one-two punch. The tacos and funnel cake I ate before the show were the ultimate one-two punch though, which is probably why my standing room only "seats" became slightly more than I could handle approximately two-thirds of the way through Miranda's set list and I needed to find a seat post-haste.
Unfortunately, they don't call it standing room only for nothing and I had to park myself on the rodeo arena floor, doing my best to avoid a "patty" of any sort. I quickly purchased some fluids to try to compensate for the massive quantities of grease that I inexplicably unleashed on my digestive tract. I'm pleased to report that water was the elixir that allowed me to return to my feet in time to listen to Dierks croon away.
We then drove the three hours home and I'm running on a blink of sleep. And there's your explanation for why this particular post is not the quality literary genius you've become accustomed to reading regularly on this blog. Ha. Hahaha.
See?Sorry for the poor picture quality. We had to take it on a phone because when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
I also probably could have gotten rid of my large quilted hip tumor, er purse. And maybe we could have touched and pretended we like each other. Next photo. I'll get better, I promise.
Enough about my inability to take a decent photo.
Jarred recently accompanied me on a road trip to the land of my birth-- Arkansas. We had to drive because my doctor says the FAA has rules about grounding planes for people whose throats begin hemorrhaging at 35,000 feet due to their recent tonsillectomies. Picky, picky.
I've never met a road trip I didn't like, though, so it was great good fun. Jarred hosts a nightly radio show from 10-11pm so last Thursday night, we embarked on our journey at approximately 11:30pm. We drove all night and made it to Talequah, OK in time to have a lovely visit with Jarred's grandparents. Then we continued on to Fort Smith.
We went home to celebrate a milestone birthday that my Paw Paw had this week. He probably doesn't want me to tell you which one, but it rhymes with schmeighty. And he doesn't look a day over schmsixty. It was such a wonderful time of visiting with family and friends, and celebrating my amazing grandfather. If you haven't met him, you totally should. If you're ever passing through Booneville, I'll hook you up.
Jarred handled meeting the family like a champ. He got to meet all of my immediate family, grandparents, and some extended family. We were also able to have dinner with some of my lifelong friends. It was a fantastic trip.
Last night Ashley, Alecia, and I traveled to Cheyenne, WY for a concert at Cheyenne Frontier Days. We saw Dierks Bentley and Miranda Lambert. It was a serious one-two punch. The tacos and funnel cake I ate before the show were the ultimate one-two punch though, which is probably why my standing room only "seats" became slightly more than I could handle approximately two-thirds of the way through Miranda's set list and I needed to find a seat post-haste.
Unfortunately, they don't call it standing room only for nothing and I had to park myself on the rodeo arena floor, doing my best to avoid a "patty" of any sort. I quickly purchased some fluids to try to compensate for the massive quantities of grease that I inexplicably unleashed on my digestive tract. I'm pleased to report that water was the elixir that allowed me to return to my feet in time to listen to Dierks croon away.
We then drove the three hours home and I'm running on a blink of sleep. And there's your explanation for why this particular post is not the quality literary genius you've become accustomed to reading regularly on this blog. Ha. Hahaha.
That was the best one-two punch ever!
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to plan for jokes and what you'll do if someone eggs your car on your next road trip. That's one fail you don't want to mess with. You have to be prepared at all times. Just like the Boy Scouts.
Micah, I love reading whatever you post! You have a way of writing, it's so entertaining.
ReplyDeleteRachel
Awww...thanks Rachel! Love reading your blog, too and keeping up with what's going on in your lives!
ReplyDeleteVery cute Micah! Excited FOR you. : )
ReplyDelete