Best Day of My Life
Jarred and I decided about a month ago that we wanted to go to Fayetteville to see the Razorbacks play Alabama. We knew tickets were probably a long shot, but decided that we would go anyway. Knowing Mike Cauthron (aka my Dad), we'd be able to get tickets in the lowers for 1/2 price. Turns out we weren't too far off base with that assumption.


Jarred proposed to me that morning in such a sweet, thoughtful way. He had my sister trek across campus to find my name on Senior Walk and write "I've got a question for you" beside my name. So, when I saw it, it read: Micah Michelle Cauthron, I've got a question for you. After I read it, I turned and he was down on his knee. And I, of course, was crying my eyes out. It was wonderful! That part of campus was DESERTED just then, so we had to wait a couple of minutes for a semi-sober 18 year old to walk by and snap a picture of us. He did a pretty good job. Maybe he's a photog major or something.

People thought we were crazy to drive 12 hours one way and try to get six tickets to the biggest game in recent Razorback memory. I have learned, though, that you never doubt Mike Cauthron. He found six tickets. And while my generous family gave me and Jarred the best seats, we all made it into the stadium.
This was very exciting. But it wasn't most exciting thing that happened that day. This was:
Jarred proposed to me that morning in such a sweet, thoughtful way. He had my sister trek across campus to find my name on Senior Walk and write "I've got a question for you" beside my name. So, when I saw it, it read: Micah Michelle Cauthron, I've got a question for you. After I read it, I turned and he was down on his knee. And I, of course, was crying my eyes out. It was wonderful! That part of campus was DESERTED just then, so we had to wait a couple of minutes for a semi-sober 18 year old to walk by and snap a picture of us. He did a pretty good job. Maybe he's a photog major or something. It was so special to be able to share the news with my immediate family and several friends right then and there. Dad was pretty excited:
So was Nanaw:

And Mom:
And Heather:
Kim and Whitney have been waiting for this day with me for what seems like an eternity:
On Sunday, we had a big family dinner to celebrate. Mee Maw and Paw Paw got to join in the fun:
It was such a blessing to be with my family and celebrate with them. I know they were so happy to be able to be part of it, too. Jarred is so thoughtful in that way and I appreciate that he proposed in a way that was so meaningful to me and my family. Kirk and Vicki (oops, forgot to get a pic with them) joined us for Sunday lunch and we all had a great time!
So, Jarred and I would just like to say: YOU'D BETTER COME TO OUR WEDDING!!
I am sooooo thrilled and happy for you. You both look so happy and I don't know anyone who deserves more happiness. God's blessings on you both and just enjoy each and everyday. :) delbra
ReplyDeleteYay! Can't wait til the big day.
ReplyDeleteYay!!! So happy for you!!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this blog!!! It was such a good story. Happy for you!! I know you mom has to be real excited.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome! What a great way to propose!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on my blog :) I am glad you did because I discovered your fun blog, which I'm loving so far!!
Have a great day!
Congrats to you! xx
ReplyDelete