Valentine's Day: A Recap
Here's the story. I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures, which is why this post will have no pictures. Because I didn't take any. Even though my camera stays in my purse. And my purse stays by my side at all times. Also, there's a camera on my phone. Said phone is usually in my hand. But no pictures.
I woke up today with some deep self-loathing over my pictureless existence. What will Jarred and I show our children when we tell the story of our first Valentine's Day together? It will simply be an oral history that we pass down to our children. We're so like fifteenth century Native Americans in that way.
Joking aside, if you can call my senseless ramblings that, Jarred and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I surprised him last week with tickets to the Nuggets/Mavericks game on Thursday. The Nuggets won by one point on a buzzer beater, so it was very exciting. We were practically courtside, thanks to a little promotion that the Pepsi Center likes to call "Guys Night Out." Personally, I like to call it "I would never be able to afford these amazing tickets without this promotion, so I really hope you don't actually have to have a Y chromosome to sit in this section." Turns out they didn't give a hoot that I have two X's so we were able to get up close and personal with Dirk Nowitzki, which was my Valentine's Day gift to moi.
Jarred and I had lunch yesterday at Q'Doba because their entrees were buy one get one free if you kissed someone at the register. You'd better believe I jumped on that deal since I actually had someone to kiss and also because there's still room for frugality, even on Valentine's Day.
Last night Jarred took me to one of my favorite restaurants in Colorado Springs. Sonterra Grill. Because their enchiladas make angels sing and their chocolate cake is larger than my head. He knows me so well. He also surprised me with chocolates and the fourth book in a series I've been reading. He was so thoughtful and sweet. Thus, for the first time in something close to a decade, I had a wonderfully romantic and fun Valentine's Day. Here's to many, many more to come!
I woke up today with some deep self-loathing over my pictureless existence. What will Jarred and I show our children when we tell the story of our first Valentine's Day together? It will simply be an oral history that we pass down to our children. We're so like fifteenth century Native Americans in that way.
Joking aside, if you can call my senseless ramblings that, Jarred and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I surprised him last week with tickets to the Nuggets/Mavericks game on Thursday. The Nuggets won by one point on a buzzer beater, so it was very exciting. We were practically courtside, thanks to a little promotion that the Pepsi Center likes to call "Guys Night Out." Personally, I like to call it "I would never be able to afford these amazing tickets without this promotion, so I really hope you don't actually have to have a Y chromosome to sit in this section." Turns out they didn't give a hoot that I have two X's so we were able to get up close and personal with Dirk Nowitzki, which was my Valentine's Day gift to moi.
Jarred and I had lunch yesterday at Q'Doba because their entrees were buy one get one free if you kissed someone at the register. You'd better believe I jumped on that deal since I actually had someone to kiss and also because there's still room for frugality, even on Valentine's Day.
Last night Jarred took me to one of my favorite restaurants in Colorado Springs. Sonterra Grill. Because their enchiladas make angels sing and their chocolate cake is larger than my head. He knows me so well. He also surprised me with chocolates and the fourth book in a series I've been reading. He was so thoughtful and sweet. Thus, for the first time in something close to a decade, I had a wonderfully romantic and fun Valentine's Day. Here's to many, many more to come!
I LOVE YOU and I had a WONDERFUL day as well. I will try and remember picture reminders from now on :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Now where is the post about wedding planning????
ReplyDelete