I Think I'll Try Defying Gravity
As promised, I downloaded the entire musical and have now committed it to memory in the event that I’ll be tested on the material at a later date. Or, perchance, asked to audition for the role of Elphaba. In which case, I’ll be totally prepared other than the fact that I will not be able to hit a single one of those high notes. A girl can dream, though.
There’s a chance I’ll be trying to win lottery tickets to see it again next week. Also, plans are already in the works for me to fly to Dallas NEXT MAY to see it with one of my best friends on her 30TH birthday! I have rearranged my life around productions of Wicked. Oh, boy.
In other news, I’m possibly a thief and I’d like to know what your opinion is on this. I needed to grab a quick lunch on Tuesday and, therefore, made a drive thru stop at a local taco establishment. And by local I mean that there is one here locally, but also it’s a national taco chain. Whitney, I’m sure you know to what establishment I am referring, as it was one of our many jokes back in college.Anyhow, I ordered and pulled up to pay with ye ole debit card when I was informed by the cashier that the credit card machine was offline and I would be unable to pay with a credit card. She told me all of this whilst handing me my tacos. To this, I replied that I had no cash and, therefore, no other way to purchase the tacos in question.
I waited while the young woman tried to reboot their system. For approximately 12 minutes. Finally, she informed me that it was still “jacked up” and I should just go ahead and leave, tacos in tow. I offered to return them, but she stated that they would just have to throw them away. And I’m not one to watch less-than-mediocre Mexican food go to waste, plus I had already taken a sip of my drink. So, under advisement from the taco employee, I left.
My question to you is, am I a thief? I will place a poll on my sidebar and would love to hear your thoughts on whether restitution must be made for what I’m calling “The Taco Incident of 2009.” You might be interested to know that the year is, in fact, necessary because my history is chock-full of other taco-related incidents.
I think it should be said that my answer in the survey was strongly swayed by the word "Bomb-diddly"... thus I don't think your results will be statistically significant.
ReplyDeleteSo, Ginna, are you saying that had I not used the word "Bomb-diddly," you would have concluded that I'm a theif?!?!
ReplyDeleteI believe that is exactly what Ginna is saying. My vote(s) may also throw off your statistics a bit.
ReplyDeleteMicah, you should be ashamed of your thievery. Solitary confinement was made for the likes of you. Unlike that soft-hearted Ginna, I am not swayed by your use of hyphenated non-words.
ReplyDeleteI do, however, appreciate your calling the matter the "Taco Incident of 2009." It has a certain ring to it, you know?
MJ, is there no taco grace with you? Ouch! Thank you for your honest appraisal.
ReplyDeleteI was also swayed by bomb diddly because I like anything that can combine ebonics and Ned Flanders. It's just how I roll. Diddly.
ReplyDelete..I think I need a Taco!
ReplyDelete