Is This Becoming a Crafting Blog?
I made another thing. It's a wreath. A wreath that everyone else on the planet has made. I've had the materials sitting on my dining room table for a month. I put my wreath hanger on the door a month ago in anticipation of the finished craft.
The blue didn't really come out well, despite my stellar iPhone camera skillz. It's more of a cerulean than a royal blue but not quite a teal. Picture that.
Don't let the picture fool you, though. That wreath hanger is comically short. The wreath is hanging approximately six inches from the top of the door. It really looks silly.
Anyway, this is not a tutorial, but I will tell you what I used.
- A Styrofoam wreath. Probably 10 inches, but don't quote me.
- 1 yard of burlap cut into 4in.x4in. squares (and I use those measurements extremely loosely).
- Three 8in. felt circles (probably)
- Straight pins with large heads.
Basically I folded the burlap corner to corner, made a poofy thing, and pinned it into the Styrofoam. Repeat ad nauseam.
I used this website for the flower tutorial.
There you have it. I might just start a craft booth at your local county fair to hawk my wares (hawk: to sell on the street; hock: referring to pawn shop sales; I did a lot of research on which term I should use and settled on hawk).
Tomorrow I have a story for you about a real hawk. If you know how terrified I am of birds, you know you're in for a doozie of a story.
Love your wreath!! :) I hope you continue to craft! :) Keeps the creative juices flowing! :) Thanks for sharing last week too! (Hope you'll link up again!!) And, yes, I am duly anticipating your bird story as I remember all to well your extreme dislike for the flying creatures. ;)
ReplyDeleteNice! I love wreaths.
ReplyDeleteFellow Razorback Baby - happy to meet you.
New follower - hope to get a follow back