Nerd Alert and Some Reflection

I have spent the last few minutes looking over old calendars and blog posts and I have to say I am a huge nerd. Seriously, some of my posts from the past should be filed under "Stop It."

I sincerely apologize to anyone who read those.

I like to look back at old calendars. It's one of my weirdnesses. Blogger is now informing me that weirdnesses is not a word. I know, Blogger. Leave me be.

As I look back on things I've done over the last several years, I'm reminded of the Robert Frost quote circulating the webosphere. The one where he allegedly says "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on."

It truly does. I look back and laugh at the amazing times that I had forgotten about so quickly. And the hard times are there too but I have forgotten most of those just as quickly as the good days.

It's a great reminder. To always cherish the good memories. To keep trudging through even when it seems the bad ones will never fade. They will, just as they all do, and life will go on.

2012 was a difficult year for me. One that I will never forget. One where there is little blog documentation because there was little levity. It seemed that way to me anyway, but as I sit here looking back I see that there were all the makings of a wonderful year. I just couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I can't say I will look back on 2012 with fondness, but I will try to remember the joys just as quickly as I call the sorrows to mind.  

As I look forward into 2013 I want to commit to making each day count. Or something that sounds so much less cheesy. What I mean is that I don't want to get through this day only by looking forward to the next. I want to call the blessings of each day to mind with ease and regularity. Because blessings? I have so many of them and I spent 2012 forgetting to acknowledge them.

May it never be so again.  

Comments

Popular Posts