Pre-season Drama

Some people have no shame.

Many, many people at the Broncos pre-season game against the Bears on Sunday night had little-to-no shame.

This guy has no shame.

He is apparently so passionate about the fact that Jay Cutler is a crybaby that he decided it was necessary to 1) purchase an adult-sized diaper 2) purchase an adult-sized bonnet 3) shave his legs 4) don adult-sized diaper and bonnet 5) leave the house 6) sit in public for four hours wearing adult-sized diaper and bonnet.

Obligatory car picture:

I have never ‘booed’ an athlete in my entire life. This girl will boo a referee, to be sure. But athletes? No. That’s unsportsmanlike conduct. And if Principal Wayne Haver taught me anything, it was that we should all behave with decorum and respect for opposing teams and their athletes. However, Sunday night when all of Mile High Stadium erupted in an almighty, thunderous ‘boo’ against Jay Cutler, I got caught up in the drama of it all. Let’s just say Wayne would not have been proud of this former Rebel.

Honestly, the booing was so loud that the stadium was shaking. I expected it to last through the first series and no further. But these Broncos fans were not messing around. They wanted to send a message to Jay, loud and clear, that they are passionate and don’t like being called anything less. Poor Jay was booed through the entire first half.

Unfortunately for us (I guess I’ll go ahead and lump myself in with the Broncos fans), it didn’t really seem to have an effect on his performance since he was 15 of 21 for 144 yards and TD at the half. Kyle Orton was something like no completions for no yards and zero touchdowns at the half.

So, really, I guess the joke was on us. Or actually I think it was just on that guy in the diaper.

Either way, it was a lot of fun to see my man Peyton Hillis drive one in for six points and I look forward to seeing him get a lot of playing time this year. I may have even called the Hogs a time or two, which brings us back to the fact that some people have no shame. And I’m proud to count myself among those people.

Comments

  1. As the Bronco fan that I am, I'm obliged to correct you. At the end of the first quarter, Orton's stats were actually beating Cutlers. They had the same number of completions/attempts, same number of tds/interceptions. But Orton had more yards. It was during the offense's bucking of all rules (when we started to get more penalties than T.O.) that Orton's stats stopped increasing. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't Hillis a Razorback? I thought I heard somewhere that he was. He's having a pretty good rookie preseason!

    I bet big baby Cutler dude has quite the rash from that diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillis was a Razorback. But last year was his rookie year. He was injured about halfway through, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Micah, Micah, Micah. You realize the Cates are Bears fans and we don't appreciate you booing our quaterback :) (Well actually Chad is the Bears fan and I've adopted them as my team for the sake of family unity). I told Chad about this post and he said to "have fun with Orton".

    We were watching the game and the booing was so loud the camera was shaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if Diaper Dan wet himself when Cutler went 15-21 for 144. Peyton is the man if he can remain injury free. In my opinion the Bronco fans should be booing the owner who terminated one of the best if not the best corch (coach) in the NFL.

    GO HOGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts