Well I've Never Been to Heaven...
…but I’ve been to North Dakota. And those two places are completely unrelated, as far as I can tell.
I’m kidding! Therolling hills, rushing rivers, expansive flatness was beautiful. Yeah, I love flatness, especially when it involves my abdominal muscles. But enough about my rock hard abs, we’re here to talk about North Dakota.
Four friends and I left lovely Colorado Springs last Saturday morning to travel to Fargo, North Dakota for Steve and Ginna’s wedding. Ginna grew up on a corn/soybean/alfalfa farm about an hour outside of Fargo and wanted to celebrate her wedding in the area where she was born and raised. For those of us from out of town, the farm actually ended up being about two hours outside of Fargo once we made approximately ninety-two seven-point turns in a variety of corn fields near a plethora of silos. Because Magellan is of little help when you need to take a left at the “wrought-iron rooster” or go straight until you see the “coon dog taking a breather in the alfalfa.” What I'm getting at is that they don't have a lot of "streets" or "addresses" in rural North Dakota, don'tcha know?
Consequently, Magellan is also of little help when he gets left in someone’s suitcase back at the hotel. But that’s a whole other story.
Anyway, after what seemed like hours, we found our way to the right cornfield and enjoyed some sweet, sweet corn at the rehearsal dinner. Then on Sunday afternoon, they got married in a beautiful ceremony where the only tragedy was that I thought it would be a good idea to wear four inch heels. On Monday, we found out that my allergies extend all the way up into the far reaches of these United States and also that I should probably refrain from taking Benadryl on a holiday because no one likes to site-see with a nearly dead person in the back of the rental Camry. Also, no one likes to have to carry said dead person from back of said rental car into Hector International Airport.
Lessons learned in NoDak.
I’m kidding! The
Four friends and I left lovely Colorado Springs last Saturday morning to travel to Fargo, North Dakota for Steve and Ginna’s wedding. Ginna grew up on a corn/soybean/alfalfa farm about an hour outside of Fargo and wanted to celebrate her wedding in the area where she was born and raised. For those of us from out of town, the farm actually ended up being about two hours outside of Fargo once we made approximately ninety-two seven-point turns in a variety of corn fields near a plethora of silos. Because Magellan is of little help when you need to take a left at the “wrought-iron rooster” or go straight until you see the “coon dog taking a breather in the alfalfa.” What I'm getting at is that they don't have a lot of "streets" or "addresses" in rural North Dakota, don'tcha know?
Consequently, Magellan is also of little help when he gets left in someone’s suitcase back at the hotel. But that’s a whole other story.
Anyway, after what seemed like hours, we found our way to the right cornfield and enjoyed some sweet, sweet corn at the rehearsal dinner. Then on Sunday afternoon, they got married in a beautiful ceremony where the only tragedy was that I thought it would be a good idea to wear four inch heels. On Monday, we found out that my allergies extend all the way up into the far reaches of these United States and also that I should probably refrain from taking Benadryl on a holiday because no one likes to site-see with a nearly dead person in the back of the rental Camry. Also, no one likes to have to carry said dead person from back of said rental car into Hector International Airport.
Lessons learned in NoDak.
Coon dog taking a breather in the alfalfa. Killed me.
ReplyDeleteBut enough about your rock hard abs, glad we got to chill at the Holiday Inn.
I cracked up about the wrought iron rooster and the coon dog>>Great humor little girl. MeeMaw
ReplyDeleteDELIGHT. Tears are actually streaming down my face. I'm finally getting caught up on your blog and loving every minute.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you survived H1N1... that did not sound like a fun time. Hope to see you soon!!!