Nuts and Bolts, Friends. Nuts and Bolts...

This is going to be one of those stream of consciousness posts, so if you’re into things like “paragraphs” and “complete sentences” and “personal hygiene”, you should probably just click on by. Mostly, I have no idea what I’m about to say and am, quite frankly, just writing a post because my family assumes I’m dead if I don’t post for a couple of days. Then they start calling and if I don’t answer because of things like “having to work,” it only reinforces their belief that I have somehow managed to die.

I’m making a lot of air quotes in my head today. It’s funny to me. If only me.

I had a rather disappointing weekend. I won’t go into much detail because I don’t really want all of blogland to know what a pathetic loser I am and also I’m not sure who’s reading this blog. For reasons known only to the Holy Trinity, I don’t want to offend the person in whom my disappointment lies, so I will be vague and frustrating and give you very little reason to keep reading.

Several things happened this weekend that could be viewed negatively. However, being the Pollyanna-type gal that I am, I believe that anything can be spun into a positive. Even when it looks depressing, dismal, and miserable and makes you consider locking yourself in the garage with your car running. A car that you washed twice this week. Here are some examples of turning something dark into something delightful:

Negative: I purchased several adorable outfits to wear this weekend but ended up wearing some ratty pajama pants and a t-shirt stained with what looked (and tasted) like hot fudge.
Positive: I can now return those items and pay my rent next month.

Negative: I woke up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning to drive to Denver International Airport to pick up a person who never arrived. And not because he was dead, like I’d hoped feared.
Positive: I burned approximately 397 calories on a walking/crying/sweating tour of Denver International Airport.

Negative
: I replaced those 397 calories with cheesecake.
Positive: I replaced those 397 calories with cheesecake.

Negative: I did not get to do any of the fabulous things I had planned on this weekend. And did not get to employ the use of my 283 point flow chart.
Positive: I was able to catch up on my sleep by sleeping for 63 hours straight, which I desperately needed after staying up all night to make a 283 point flow chart.

See how I did that? There are two sides to every coin. Anyway, I’m headed to Arkansas this weekend for the Hogs’ SEC opener against Georgia. So, as long as I make it onto the plane and there’s someone there to pick me up, I’m anticipating a much better weekend.

Comments

  1. Haha! "And not because he was dead like I'd...feared." Hilar.

    And thank you for reminding me that I have some cheesecake in my fridge. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alecia's comment is the part I was going to comment on!

    Also, way to see the glass half full like I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way to describe the heart and soul of one like you.!!! Praise God, you are my darling and I will see you this weekend. MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the air quotes hilarious as well. Hold a D Fence sign for me this weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny. When I need to laugh I hope over here and read. I can relate to the "why haven't you posted anything question!" I do have a life outside the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts