That’s the Last Time I Listen to Drew Barrymore

Something you should know about me: I am extremely loyal. If I find a product I like, you can pretty much bet that I will remain faithful to it for years, even if something better enters the marketplace. I’ve also discovered that products I choose to devote my heart and soul to get discontinued with alarming regularity. It’s really a shame, but that’s not the issue here.

I have been using Maybelline Full N’ Soft mascara for the better part of a decade. In fact, many of my friends have also been using this product on my recommendation. However, in recent months, I had become dissatisfied with the overall effect my eyelashes were getting from Full N’ Soft. They were neither full, nor were they soft. Still, I continued to purchase it because, at the risk of being redundant, I.am.loyal. Also, it costs somewhere around five dollars and twelve cents. And by “somewhere around,” I mean “exactly.” It costs exactly five dollars and twelve cents at the local Wal-Marts general store.

One fateful day last month, though, the perfect storm of dissatisfaction and curiosity combined while I was a the Wal-Marts and I did something rash. I purchased Maybelline Lash Stilleto mascara (which in my opinion should be called ‘Stilleto Lash,’ but whatever).

Big.mistake. I think Adam Duritz sang it best when he said “Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you got till it’s gone.” While he’s not specifically singing about beauty product-related indiscretions, I think it applies here. I discovered that the grass is not greener, or the mascara is not, er, blacker, on the other side. Thus, I had to purchase more Full N’ Soft to make up for my error, effectively destroying my limited beauty budget for the month. I have learned my lesson and will continue to be blindly faithful to all my favorites in the future. If you are wise, you will heed my warning and do the same. Complacence will forever be the order of my life.

In conclusion, I’d like to apologize for making you read that nonsensical story about my beauty product imprudence. I know you’re thinking “She hasn’t written anything in three weeks and this is the only story she has to tell?” Sadly friends, yes it is. Until next time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts