I just realized I didn't write a single word about the Olympics while they were on. I didn't write anything because they pretty much consumed all of my waking hours. My love for the Olympics runs deep and strong. Really, I just love to pretend I'm playing the tympani drum each time the Olympic song comes on and I like counting how many times Bob Costas says "these Olympic Games." Good Times.
Canada did not disappoint. By that I mean that I was not disappointed with how underwhelming their opening and closing ceremonies were. I totally expected them to botch it and well, you saw the flying boy, right? Oh, Canada. My apologies if you hail from the Great White North and are reading this. But deep down in your heart, you know I'm right. Or maybe I'm just bitter about the whole hockey thing.
Since I didn't have any regularly scheduled programs to watch online during non-Olympic hours, I ventured out into the world of online media a bit and discovered a gem. Instant Netflix. You can stream an entire film to your computer. It is my new favorite thing. Being an avid movie-goer, I don't really rent a lot of movies because I see most mainstream movies the day they hit theaters. However, I tend to miss many of the Indie films or less widely distributed pictures. That's why I LOVE Instant Netflix. I can watch all of those films for almost nothing from my cozy bed!
Vanity Fair. I thought Reese Witherspoon was excellent in this movie. I'm sad that I missed it in the theaters. I think they costumes and colors would have been great on the big screen.
Lost in Austen. Now this is a version of Pride and Prejudice that I can stay awake for. Cute picture.
Bottle Shock. An interesting film about California vineyards trying to make a name for themselves in the 70s.
Canada did not disappoint. By that I mean that I was not disappointed with how underwhelming their opening and closing ceremonies were. I totally expected them to botch it and well, you saw the flying boy, right? Oh, Canada. My apologies if you hail from the Great White North and are reading this. But deep down in your heart, you know I'm right. Or maybe I'm just bitter about the whole hockey thing.
Since I didn't have any regularly scheduled programs to watch online during non-Olympic hours, I ventured out into the world of online media a bit and discovered a gem. Instant Netflix. You can stream an entire film to your computer. It is my new favorite thing. Being an avid movie-goer, I don't really rent a lot of movies because I see most mainstream movies the day they hit theaters. However, I tend to miss many of the Indie films or less widely distributed pictures. That's why I LOVE Instant Netflix. I can watch all of those films for almost nothing from my cozy bed!Recently, I watched these pics and I really enjoyed them:
Vanity Fair. I thought Reese Witherspoon was excellent in this movie. I'm sad that I missed it in the theaters. I think they costumes and colors would have been great on the big screen.
Lost in Austen. Now this is a version of Pride and Prejudice that I can stay awake for. Cute picture. 
Anyone have suggestions on other films I should Netflix? I would love to hear them.
Ok, I feel like you stole my blog. I haven't written it yet, so I can't prove it. But believe me, it was all up in my head. Mainly the Olympics part, not the Netflix stuff. I LOVE Netflix! My favorite thing is to watch TV shows. You know, because no matter how hard I try, I can't manage to watch every single TV show when it's actually on.
ReplyDelete