I Don't Have a Title
Labor Day weekend one of Jarred's co-workers got married in Hugo, CO. And guess what everybody? We remembered to take pictures with an actual camera! Consider it a moral victory. Anyway, here we are at the wedding.
And this would be us trying to two-step:
I don't think I've updated since I did the triathlon. Well, I finished. And I didn't come in last place. And that's really all I have to say about that a la Forest Gump.
No, actually I have a lot more to say about it. Adrenaline was my very best friend during the race. Mostly because I forgot to eat any energy gel during my swim-to-bike transition. A fact I became acutely aware of about three minutes into the bike ride. So I said to my adrenal gland, "It looks like it's just you and me, but it better be mostly you." And I'll be darned if that adrenal gland didn't just step up and do its part. I wish only that I had given the same pep talk to my legs. They didn't quite do their part during the "run." But, I finished in under two hours and now that we're a month removed from the race I can overwrite what my brain actually thinks about triathlons and say "It was FUN!"
Note to anyone planning to participate in a triathlon in the future: If the urge to use the bathroom hits you at the beginning of the run, go ahead and take the opportunity to use the bathroom available to you in the transition area, rather than thinking "I'll sweat it out." You will not sweat it out. And it will cause major issues the last half-mile of your race. Or maybe that's just me.
I think that's all I have to update you on just now.
No, actually I have a lot more to say about it. Adrenaline was my very best friend during the race. Mostly because I forgot to eat any energy gel during my swim-to-bike transition. A fact I became acutely aware of about three minutes into the bike ride. So I said to my adrenal gland, "It looks like it's just you and me, but it better be mostly you." And I'll be darned if that adrenal gland didn't just step up and do its part. I wish only that I had given the same pep talk to my legs. They didn't quite do their part during the "run." But, I finished in under two hours and now that we're a month removed from the race I can overwrite what my brain actually thinks about triathlons and say "It was FUN!"
Note to anyone planning to participate in a triathlon in the future: If the urge to use the bathroom hits you at the beginning of the run, go ahead and take the opportunity to use the bathroom available to you in the transition area, rather than thinking "I'll sweat it out." You will not sweat it out. And it will cause major issues the last half-mile of your race. Or maybe that's just me.
I think that's all I have to update you on just now.
Great picture of the two of you! You look good!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I saw your post on FB.
ReplyDelete