Coupous Galore

Firstly, I am fully aware that it's not spelled 'coupous.' You know who isn't aware? The Chinese restaurant where Jarred regularly dined during college. The hand-written sign declaring they accept other Chinese restaurants' coupous wasn't enough, so they had a large vinyl sign printed up all official-like.

I'd like to know why the sign printers and tattoo artists of America won't help their fellow human beings out and notify them that the costly sign/tattoo they are purchasing is spelled incorrectly. It's calloused and hard-hearted. And makes for some hearty laughs.

But I didn't come to rant about mean-spirited or possibly uneducated Americans. I came to brag about my excellent use of coupous. If you haven't figured it out already (and bless your heart), I'm talking about coupons.

Yesterday I paid a grand total of $0.86 for 12 double rolls of Charmin toilet paper and 8 rolls of Bounty paper towels. Woo hoo! I saved $17.98 total on these two items! I don't think I've been this excited since Jarred asked me to marry him six months ago. And really, it's a close second.

Now I think the important thing to do is to budget in a way that I actually SAVE that money, rather than just spending it elsewhere. Because there's really no point to saving the $17.98 if I'm just going to go buy some kind of floopie-doo (I swear to you, that's what Jarred called girly things the other day and, oh, how it makes me happy) that I don't need. Reducing my grocery/household items bill by hundreds (I'm an optimist) of dollars each month is great in and of itself, but I really want to put us in a better financial position when we're married because of my efforts at couponing. So I'm trying to determine just how to take those savings and actually put that money in savings.

Are you a coupon user? Any tips to help a girl out?

Comments

  1. The word floopie doo just made my day. Maybe my week. And how in the world did you save that much on Charmin? My newspaper usually has a 25 CENT coupous. Not even worth the time to cut it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts