Nacho Typical Post-- Get It?

Happy Friday, y'all! Any fun weekend plans? We typically see a movie on Friday nights, but there's really nothing coming out this week that we want to see. We might go to Bingo instead. Yeah, we're hip like that.

Lest you think we're dirty gamblers, I can assure you it's for a good cause. All the proceeds go to charity. I have no idea why I find it thrilling to sit and listen to someone call out random numbers over the course of two hours. Oh, wait. Yes I do. It's because they have a snack bar. That sells nachos. Like the good kind you get at a stadium or concert. Jarred says we can make our own nachos at home, but it's just not the same.

Nacho side note: I've always loved nachos, but my love for this cheesy snack was solidified in 8th grade during the last nine weeks of the school year. See, I had drill team (that's a dance team, if you're not aware) during 3rd period. Now, the months of April and May afforded us nothing to dance for. Competitions were over, basketball was over, and I guess the philosophy at Ramsey Jr. High was that it would just be silly to dance for the sake of physical fitness. So instead of making us "dress out" or just sit and study, they provided a bus each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday that took the cheerleaders and Royal Blues to Bowling World. I.kid.you.not. Three days a week between the hours of 10:00am and 10:55am we would load up, take a 15 minute ride to Bowling World, pile out, run to the snack bar to order nachos, bowl for 15 minutes while gorging ourselves on nachos, load back up on the bus, ride the 15 minutes back to school and head on out to 4th period. I had science.

See, you had to order the nachos right when you got there, or there'd be no time to eat them, because heaven knows Mr. King was not allowing any snack foods on his beloved bus.

Until this moment, I had never really taken time to explore how odd this practice was. Many questions arise, now that I think about it. Regardless, those Bowling World nachos were well worth spending my weekly allowance on and put a deep nacho love in my heart forever and ever. Amen.

I'm sorry. You're probably not used to devoting so much of your day to nachos. I wish I could say the same for myself.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, the weekend. No movie. Bingo. Nachos. I think that about sums it up. Here's a coat I bought last week from ModCloth. It was a steal--on sale for $36.99! It's the nicest, softest coat I've ever owned.

I have to admit, I feel a little conspicuous wearing such a large collar. It's worth it for the ruffles, though. And also my neck stays really warm, so self-consciousness be darned! Unfortunately for this coat, it's 65 degrees outside today and proves to be really warm for the rest of spring, so bye-bye soft, warm, turquoisey friend. I'll see you in October. If I can find you after I move twice. Twice because I'm dumb and, rather than renewing my usual lease that would end in September (when could move directly in with my husband (!)), I chose to end that sucker in May. In my defense, I did not know that Jarred would be proposing mere weeks after I had settled my lease agreement. In Jarred's defense, he didn't know that Grand Avenue Baptist Church would be renovating throughout wedding season and we'd have to have a year-long engagement.
Now that we've all been defended, let's talk about Daylight Savings Time. When do we Spring Forward, if you please? I don't want to miss it. I also don't want to Google it. So if you know please, for the love of Pete, leave a comment.
There. I think that post sufficiently makes most of you question whether or not I'm using mind-altering drugs. And, after all, that was my goal. Mission accomplished. Have a great weekend!

Comments

  1. I LOVE that coat! So cute. Get me one.

    It's this crappy weekend, and we'll be crappily losing an hour of sleep.

    Umm, that is crazy that you got to go get nachos three times a week! Jealous (I got one leg).

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that coat is GORGEOUS! It totally screams Micah, and the collar is awesome. Rock it, girl!

    Secondly, the only thing better than nachos from a stadium, is a hot dog at a baseball game. And, Jarred, I can't believe that you even thought it was possible to recreate a nacho at home! Impossible task.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts