Does June Also Come In Like a Lion?
Because I'd like it to go out like a lamb.
Reasons why June is akin to a roaring lion right now:
1) Prior to June, Colorado was cold, dreary and spring was about a month late. June roared in and now it's 97 out and my office building has decided that they won't fix the broken AC until the 17th. Nice.
2) I had to move. Jarred had to move. Jarred has only one arm that's of any use to me right now. So, I had to move both myself and Jarred. Shout-out to J-Lo's family for helping us schlep all of our stuff to the new place and to my good buddy Alecia for helping me pack and clean. Booooos to the U-Haul truck with no shocks and a braking system I'm pretty sure wouldn't pass a safety inspection in Guatemala. I only hit one curb.
3) All my stuff is at one house but I'm living with the aforementioned Alecia for the summer and basically only moved some clothing to her home. I'm a house divided against itself, which can only end in tears.
4) Haven't had time to unpack the new house due to the fact that the current owners' stuff is still in it. It'll be gone next week. But not before my sanity will be. (We're doing a house-sharing type situation with Jarred's coworker who recently relocated to D.C.).
5) I had to finalize our invitation list for the calligrapher this week. My goodness I can transpose a lot of numbers on a zip code. Do you know how tedious it is to check 250 zip codes?
6) I'm in a wedding this weekend and hosted the Bachelorette party last weekend amidst all of the moving. It's always fun to pick up a two-tier cake in 97 degree weather with nowhere to put it. I transferred that puppy between several fridges. On the positive side: It did not end up on the floor.
So, June. Please calm it on down because I'm told that when a person feels stress, they produce cortisol. Cortisol apparently makes you have a fat stomach. Thanks a lot Cortisol. You're causing me to question whether or not I'll be able to fit in my wedding dress. Not cool. Not cool.
Reasons why June is akin to a roaring lion right now:
1) Prior to June, Colorado was cold, dreary and spring was about a month late. June roared in and now it's 97 out and my office building has decided that they won't fix the broken AC until the 17th. Nice.
2) I had to move. Jarred had to move. Jarred has only one arm that's of any use to me right now. So, I had to move both myself and Jarred. Shout-out to J-Lo's family for helping us schlep all of our stuff to the new place and to my good buddy Alecia for helping me pack and clean. Booooos to the U-Haul truck with no shocks and a braking system I'm pretty sure wouldn't pass a safety inspection in Guatemala. I only hit one curb.
3) All my stuff is at one house but I'm living with the aforementioned Alecia for the summer and basically only moved some clothing to her home. I'm a house divided against itself, which can only end in tears.
4) Haven't had time to unpack the new house due to the fact that the current owners' stuff is still in it. It'll be gone next week. But not before my sanity will be. (We're doing a house-sharing type situation with Jarred's coworker who recently relocated to D.C.).
5) I had to finalize our invitation list for the calligrapher this week. My goodness I can transpose a lot of numbers on a zip code. Do you know how tedious it is to check 250 zip codes?
6) I'm in a wedding this weekend and hosted the Bachelorette party last weekend amidst all of the moving. It's always fun to pick up a two-tier cake in 97 degree weather with nowhere to put it. I transferred that puppy between several fridges. On the positive side: It did not end up on the floor.
So, June. Please calm it on down because I'm told that when a person feels stress, they produce cortisol. Cortisol apparently makes you have a fat stomach. Thanks a lot Cortisol. You're causing me to question whether or not I'll be able to fit in my wedding dress. Not cool. Not cool.
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog!