Weekend Recap
It's Tuesday. Is Tuesday too far removed from the weekend to write a recap? Well, there's nothing else going on, so I'm doing it.
I was in a wedding this weekend. It was my work friend Holly's wedding. It was held at a lovely restaurant with a grand view of the city. I had my hair done with the girls before the wedding. I thought it would be a chance to get an idea for how I'd like to wear my hair at my very own wedding. I was mistaken. My stylist, while sweet and fun to talk to, apparently had little knowledge of the "side bun" or a "swoop" or "loose waves." The end result was a slightly off-center mop that would rival any poodle on the block. Although I don't think poodles style their curls with three-hundred and fifty-seven bobby pins. Maybe I wrong.
Not the best $70 I've ever spent.
I also got a spray tan for this particular wedding because bright sunlight and alabaster skin do not mix. This was not the kind of spray tan you get in a booth, though. Oh, no. This was the kind where you stand in a seedy back room of a salon in front of some stick-thin teenager who grimaces every time she gives you some direction like "move your giant arm to the right, please" or "I'm gonna need you to widen your feet to where your thighs aren't touching, please." Well, sister, there's not enough room on this weird platform for that.
At least that's what I've heard some people experience with these spray tans. I'm glad I purchased a four-pack from this particular salon.
Jarred and I also went to see Super 8 this weekend, which I really liked. The real news here, though, is that we remembered to bring our refillable plastic tub for popcorn. I was scoffed at when I bought it and ridiculed with comments like "You'll never remember to bring that back!" and "Stupid Micah, you've just wasted ten dollars!" I have some really mean friends. But, ha! Jarred set it by the door and we took it for our $3 refill. If my math is correct, we have saved exactly $3 on popcorn this summer. At this rate, I expect these savings to rise to no less than $18 by then end of the summer.
We then took those $3 savings and spent them at the Manitou arcade on Sunday afternoon. Well worth it being that we got a load of tickets that we'll be able to cash in for something like a bouncy ball here in just a few more weeks.
Yep, we'll have saved one bouncy ball worth of movie popcorn spending. Who's silly now, my friends? Who's silly now?
I was in a wedding this weekend. It was my work friend Holly's wedding. It was held at a lovely restaurant with a grand view of the city. I had my hair done with the girls before the wedding. I thought it would be a chance to get an idea for how I'd like to wear my hair at my very own wedding. I was mistaken. My stylist, while sweet and fun to talk to, apparently had little knowledge of the "side bun" or a "swoop" or "loose waves." The end result was a slightly off-center mop that would rival any poodle on the block. Although I don't think poodles style their curls with three-hundred and fifty-seven bobby pins. Maybe I wrong.
Not the best $70 I've ever spent.
I also got a spray tan for this particular wedding because bright sunlight and alabaster skin do not mix. This was not the kind of spray tan you get in a booth, though. Oh, no. This was the kind where you stand in a seedy back room of a salon in front of some stick-thin teenager who grimaces every time she gives you some direction like "move your giant arm to the right, please" or "I'm gonna need you to widen your feet to where your thighs aren't touching, please." Well, sister, there's not enough room on this weird platform for that.
At least that's what I've heard some people experience with these spray tans. I'm glad I purchased a four-pack from this particular salon.
Jarred and I also went to see Super 8 this weekend, which I really liked. The real news here, though, is that we remembered to bring our refillable plastic tub for popcorn. I was scoffed at when I bought it and ridiculed with comments like "You'll never remember to bring that back!" and "Stupid Micah, you've just wasted ten dollars!" I have some really mean friends. But, ha! Jarred set it by the door and we took it for our $3 refill. If my math is correct, we have saved exactly $3 on popcorn this summer. At this rate, I expect these savings to rise to no less than $18 by then end of the summer.
We then took those $3 savings and spent them at the Manitou arcade on Sunday afternoon. Well worth it being that we got a load of tickets that we'll be able to cash in for something like a bouncy ball here in just a few more weeks.
Yep, we'll have saved one bouncy ball worth of movie popcorn spending. Who's silly now, my friends? Who's silly now?

This whole thing cracked me up, but loved this: ..."in front of some stick-thin teenager who grimaces every time she gives you some direction like "move your giant arm to the right, please" Happy summer to you, Micah!
ReplyDeleteSomehow I missed this, but oh my gosh with the spray tan and giant arms and thighs. Died.
ReplyDeleteI prefer the weekends.
ReplyDelete