Fine. I'll Write a Post.
Let's skip the part where I lament my inability to post anything for the last six months. I'll spare you the apology and the reasons why. We'll just pretend you know what's been going on with me in the first four months of 2012 (maybe one day I will share) and pick right up mid-May. Today, I used these on my legs and arms out of pity for my coworkers:
Wow, that's a tiny picture. Those are tanning cloths, in case you don't have hawk eyes. You rub them all over you and in 4-8 hours you are supposedly tan and streak-free. I have my doubts. Especially because it was $4 for 30 cloths and I got them at Gordmans. If they work, I can get 10 solid tans out of that package. I'm no math whiz, but that's like $.40 per tan. Considerably better than the 90 million dollars they charge for VersaSpa. Plus, no computerized female voice screamed unclear directions at me while I used these. I just hope I don't end up looking like an Oompa Loompa or worse, Snooki.
I did a Pinterest craft project! Not well, mind you, which is why there will be no pictures. I might, however, post some pictures of the glue gun burns I sustained. I tried to make these:
They are fabric covered cork boards. I can't hang much in our current home, but these are light enough to hang with 3M Command Velcro Strips and they add a pop of color, so I thought I'd try it. As it turns out, I am much worse at picking out coordinating fabrics than the original Pinner. Imagine me in Hobby Lobby holding 27 bolts of fabric, softly crying in the corner and mumbling "please, nice fabric lady, make it stop." This is one of the reasons I don't craft. Decision making cripples me. The other reasons I don't craft are: 1) I have poor fine motor coordination and 2) I have to go to the bathroom real bad* EVERY time I go to Hobby Lobby.
Some things we haven't had a chance to discuss since I've been gone, so we'll just go over them quickly:
A) The Razorbacks lost a coach and hired an interim coach. No, I don't really want to talk about the utter heartbreak that is being a Razorback fan.
B) My father-in-law was promoted to Major General and his promotion ceremony was in April. We are so proud of him.
C) My parents finally came to Colorado. The last time they visited was in 2005. My dad finagled a private tour of Mile High Stadium.
![]() |
| Here are my parents at Mile High Stadium |
My Dad is leaving on a mission trip to a country not-on-this-continent-but-I-can't-say-where in a couple of days. If you think of it, say a prayer for him and his mission team.
Until next time.
Micah
*Grammar was ignored to add emphasis




Can I just say that I am sooo very excited that you blogged?! I hope "blogged" is a real word. Keep 'em comin' sister because I looove reading these posts of yours! You have so many gifts!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh this post had me cracking up! I love your sense of humor :) How did those tanning cloths work? Thanks for stopping by my blog, my fellow Coloradan! I am your newest follower - can't wait to read more! If you feel like following me I'd love to have you :)
ReplyDeleteHow in the world did I miss this blog post??? I've been waiting on one for the last 6 months ;) Glad to see you are well!
ReplyDelete