Undiscovered Springs
Jarred and I decided to visit some new places around Colorado Springs on Memorial Day. We thought we would just jump in the car and stop when the spirit moved us. It was such a fun day of trying new restaurants and hang out spots.
Our first stop was The Drive-In, a hamburger stand at the north end of Weber Street.The Drive-In is an adorable throwback with outdoor seating and amazing food. We had trouble choosing from their classic drive-in menu, but I settled on a corndog, fries, and a chocolate milkshake; Jarred chose a chilidog and hamburger with fries. I see us spending many summer nights here eating our way through their various fried offerings.
As we were eating, we noticed that we were sitting behind a large, unfamiliar shopping center. So after gorging ourselves, we got in the car and made our way east to check it out. We then discovered a coffee shop that looked intriguing, so we stopped in.
We enjoyed our refreshments and made our way to the next stop, but not before meeting Stewart, the owner's British boyfriend, and his new corgi puppy, Elizabeth. We meet some seriously interesting people on our outings.
The final stop was a local brewery. We had a coupon for two free pints and I knew they would have a nice apple cider. Free fruity drinks definitely top my list of favorites. I didn't get a very good picture of the brewery and I know you're thinking you didn't get a very good picture of ANYTHING. But trust me, it was worse than the sub-par photos I've already made you endure. I'll paint you a picture: It was basically a large metal warehouse with a few bar stools. I can't say we were very impressed. Especially because the drinks seemed like watered down juice. The owner was kind, though, and provided us with some good entertainment. We also met a young man who had just qualified for the Olympics in Greco-Roman wrestling. We will certainly be watching for him in the Games now.
All in all we had a very enjoyable day. We had some hits and some misses but will always treasure the memories of our adventurous Memorial Day 2012.
Who did you meet that qualified for the Olympics? My friend from high school, Harry, is going to the Olympics for Greco-Roman wrestling.
ReplyDeleteHis name was Spencer, so not your friend. Bit maybe they are friends. We should get together to watch wrestling and cheer for our buds!
ReplyDeleteYay for making memories! :)
ReplyDelete