As promised, I have returned from my family reunion with some pictures that I have failed to upload.
You're welcome.
I was going to wait and write a recap when I uploaded those pesky pictures, but I figured my readership would likely plummet if I failed to post anything for the next decade and one half.
Let's have a play-by-play of the reunion from start to finish, shall we? I just want you to experience it the way I did and give you the feeling that you were right there with me. As most of you readers are related to me, it's more than likely that you actually were right there with me.
Please imagine the "24" beeping sound (deet, deet, deet, deet, deet, deet) before each time period. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about in spite of my sad attempt at the onomatopoeia.
The following takes place between 8:00am and 3:00pm Friday, May 29, 2009:
Frequent and repeated outgoing calls to Heather for specific details on how to check-in for a flight on Southwest Airlines.
Me:"Do they really want me to go right on ahead and print my boarding pass?"
Heather: "Yes."
Me: "Is this regular piece of paper with a questionable looking bar code actually my boarding pass?"
Heather: "Yes."
Me: "Are you sure I won't get 'cavity searched' by TSA if I try to board a plane with this shoddy looking boarding pass?"
Heather: "Yes."
Me: "I'm going to check in at the airport anyway."
Heather: "You go right ahead."
As you can see, I usually fly American. I'm good at American. American is easy and less harrowing.
The following takes place between 4:35pm MST and 7:10pm CST on May 29, 2009:
Score. I get the row with the open middle seat because the slightly psychotic girl beside me lied and told everyone the seat was taken a la Forest Gump.
Wait, they're asking people with an open middle seat to move because a family needs to sit together.
La Crazy is offering our row. She must not be soulless after all.
Oh, great. Now I have to wedge myself between McElbows and Sir Sweats a Lot. I'll be nice and offer to pass McElbows some peanuts.
And he completely ignored me. Apparently I've become invisible.
For my next trick, I will attempt to put both shoulders back in their sockets.
The following takes place between 7:45pm on Friday, May 29 and 5:00pm on May 31, 2009:
Arrive at reunion.
Greet people whose names I should remember but probably do not.
Attempt to use Bounce dryer sheets to ward off mosquitoes.
Conclude that Bounce dryer sheets do not ward off mosquitoes, despite the repeated e-mail forwards I've received claiming they do.
Eat.
Play dominoes.
Sleep.
Eat.
Play dominoes.
Eat.
Play dominoes.
Eat.
Sleep.
Try the dryer sheets one more time.
Return to the airport.
Board the plane without texting/calling Heather a single time. Moral victory.
Really though, I had a fantastic time at the reunion and it was great to catch up with some people I had not seen in a long time. The weather was great, the venue was perfect, and the food was good! Great job on the planning, Nanaw!
You're welcome.
I was going to wait and write a recap when I uploaded those pesky pictures, but I figured my readership would likely plummet if I failed to post anything for the next decade and one half.
Let's have a play-by-play of the reunion from start to finish, shall we? I just want you to experience it the way I did and give you the feeling that you were right there with me. As most of you readers are related to me, it's more than likely that you actually were right there with me.
Please imagine the "24" beeping sound (deet, deet, deet, deet, deet, deet) before each time period. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about in spite of my sad attempt at the onomatopoeia.
The following takes place between 8:00am and 3:00pm Friday, May 29, 2009:
Frequent and repeated outgoing calls to Heather for specific details on how to check-in for a flight on Southwest Airlines.
Me:"Do they really want me to go right on ahead and print my boarding pass?"
Heather: "Yes."
Me: "Is this regular piece of paper with a questionable looking bar code actually my boarding pass?"
Heather: "Yes."
Me: "Are you sure I won't get 'cavity searched' by TSA if I try to board a plane with this shoddy looking boarding pass?"
Heather: "Yes."
Me: "I'm going to check in at the airport anyway."
Heather: "You go right ahead."
As you can see, I usually fly American. I'm good at American. American is easy and less harrowing.
The following takes place between 4:35pm MST and 7:10pm CST on May 29, 2009:
Score. I get the row with the open middle seat because the slightly psychotic girl beside me lied and told everyone the seat was taken a la Forest Gump.
Wait, they're asking people with an open middle seat to move because a family needs to sit together.
La Crazy is offering our row. She must not be soulless after all.
Oh, great. Now I have to wedge myself between McElbows and Sir Sweats a Lot. I'll be nice and offer to pass McElbows some peanuts.
And he completely ignored me. Apparently I've become invisible.
For my next trick, I will attempt to put both shoulders back in their sockets.
The following takes place between 7:45pm on Friday, May 29 and 5:00pm on May 31, 2009:
Arrive at reunion.
Greet people whose names I should remember but probably do not.
Attempt to use Bounce dryer sheets to ward off mosquitoes.
Conclude that Bounce dryer sheets do not ward off mosquitoes, despite the repeated e-mail forwards I've received claiming they do.
Eat.
Play dominoes.
Sleep.
Eat.
Play dominoes.
Eat.
Play dominoes.
Eat.
Sleep.
Try the dryer sheets one more time.
Return to the airport.
Board the plane without texting/calling Heather a single time. Moral victory.
Really though, I had a fantastic time at the reunion and it was great to catch up with some people I had not seen in a long time. The weather was great, the venue was perfect, and the food was good! Great job on the planning, Nanaw!
Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog!