Oh, Sod It All!


I am a renter to the extreme chagrin of my realtor grandmother and most of my other family members. I rent for reasons including, but not limited to the following: I am too poor to afford an entire mortgage without having to sacrifice things like food and toilet paper, I cannot fix anything if it goes wrong and, being poor as I am, do not have the money to pay someone else to fix it, and finally, and most importantly, I do not like investing time or money in lawns, landscaping, or gardening.

However, my landlord lacks a certain sense of motivation when it comes to things like oh, I don't know, making sure our house has grass. I simply ignored this fact for two years while our neighbors spat at my car as I drove up and left flaming bags of you-know-what on our porch. Recently, though, things rose to a fever pitch when Chuck and Kathy threatened our very lives if we didn't put some grass down and I knew something must be done to prevent the neighborhood crime rate from skyrocketing.

So last weekend, my friend Alecia and I laid about 50 rolls of sod in my front yard to appease the good people of the Charleston Place community and the lawn gods. I'm happy to report that 5 days later it still falls in the "green" category of the visible spectrum. I'm sorry to report that I still can't walk as a result of the lifting and raking and cursing and bending at the waist. Well, the cursing probably has little to do with my infirmed state. Regardless, I now have a lawn and will hopefully live to water it another day.

Comments

  1. Hey, girl, The grass looks lush and oasis like.>>>>I am impressed.>>>Scatter a few Zinnia seeds--That will melt any animosity from your neighbor>> Do I see a realtor's "for sale" sign in the background ? I do believe I sense a gradual and subtle transformation of a horticulturist---- or maybe not!!!!! Happy days and gardening to you. The MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, MeeMaw! Hope you're having a good summer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts