Fruit Loops, Golden Grahams, and Captain Crunch...Oh My!

Did everyone have a good weekend? I certainly did. I mean it goes without saying that the very fact that it was a weekend made it infinitely better than the previous five days. But I just thought I'd say it anyway.

I had the opportunity to go line dancing at a new country joint in town. I do love to boot-scoot, so that was a treat. I also hosted a cereal party at my house last night. We thought it would be fun for everyone to bring their favorite cereal from their childhood and reminisce about Saturdays spent watching cartoons and looking for the prize in the cereal box. Cereal prizes, unlike Cracker Jack prizes, have really gotten much more valuable over the years. We found a flashing Star Trek badge, a $5 coupon for something I can't remember, and the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Trilogy. Okay, that last one is a lie but the prizes were sounding kind of lame when I listed them out like that.

Anyway, it was lots of fun to eat cereal I haven't had in at least 15 years, but it brought up some interesting questions and thoughts. Firstly, we had THREE boxes of Peanut Butter Crunch. I was one supplier of this tasty treat but I bought it specifically because I thought it was a little obscure and no one else would bring it. Not so, my friends. Apparently there are loads of closet PB Crunch fans out there. Who knew?

Second, no one brought Lucky Charms. Can you believe that? I thought for sure that would be a popular choice.

And why couldn't I find Honeycombs anywhere? Have they stopped producing these delightful combs of goodness? I had to settle for Corn Pops instead, which no one ate because apparently PB Crunch is our particular brand of heroine.

Here's the loot. We also had some crepes and such.
Here are my friends enjoying their treats in individualized bowls.
Here we are playing a fierce game of Catch Phrase:
Remember Steve, our Easter Bunny? Well here he is below with his FIANCE Ginna. They got engaged this weekend and this is my sad attempt at a cake congratulating them on their impending marriage. Don't they look blissfully happy?
So that's pretty much what I did this weekend. What did you do?

Comments

  1. Micah,


    I took your Mom to the Drive-In Movie Friday night. We saw "Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past" & "Seventeen Again". Fist time to the drive in since the mid-80's. And guess what, "I STAYED AWAKE THE WHOLE TIME!!!" Wouldn't have if a cold DP and popcorn hadn't come to my rescue. Spent Saturday working in garden & yard before going to Clark Parker's wedding in Booneville. Yesterday we did the usual church thing and then went to a fish fry at Verna Jeans in Booneville. Fresh crappie with all the fixins. It was delightful. Lots of things planned for the weekends to come including, but not limited to, Does Eat Place with a school buddy, Robertson Family Reunion, George Strait Concert & min-vacation to our first home in Lee County, Texas, NCAA Outdoor Track Championships, Chris Martin's wedding and finally my ?? class reunion. Come and join the fun!

    Love you,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea!!! I will have to try that some time..No Lucky Charms!! I am shocked, too!!! Have a great week =)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Charms! I totally forgot about those. Although I did like Cooooooooookie Crisp and Peanut Butter Captain Crunch better.

    Mike, sounds like you had a fun weekend! My mom went to a smelt fry. Apparently those are fish too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad, I can't believe you stayed awake through two movies...and chick-flicks, even! Good work!

    Thanks, Rachel. I would recommend it. It was lots of fun.

    Neecie, your Cookie Crisp was a hit. Thanks for bringing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts