It’s the Singing Combined with the Dancing That I Love.

Widely known fact about me that I feel bears repeating: I.love.musicals.
I love musicals that involve high school children singing about their futures and teamwork in an optimistic way. I love musicals that are based on the strange politics and drama of the feline underworld. I love musicals where leather-clad, greasy men belt out ballads about the Hand Jive.
For this reason, I am SO excited about this weekend, because on Sunday I get to do something truly special. I get to see Wicked for the first time ever in all my born days.
I read the book a couple of years ago (Ick.) and have since heard this phrase or something like it uttered no less than eighty-mcmillion times “Oh, the musical is nothing like the book. It’s so much better.” So I have pretty high expectations.
I’m going in with no knowledge of the songs because I want to experience them “fresh” for the first time. I’m certain that I’ll have the entire musical downloaded mere seconds after we’ve seen the show, but I want to hear the songs live for the first time so that there’s no comparison during the show.
In somewhat related news about musicals, how much do I love Glee? I’ll go ahead and tell you that the answer is a lot. I care very little about the plot line, but I could listen to those spunky, deranged little high schoolers sing pop songs all day long. And to be completely honest, I do. My iPod is pretty much on repeat of Glee songs the majority of the day.
Finally, we’re having a cold snap this week and we had a little bit of snow last night, so I’m going to cozy up and spend my Saturday watching a whole lotta football and maybe I'll have some chili. I finally got my fall decorations up last night, so it’s an autumn wonderland in my house now. Pumpkins galore and whatnot.
What are you planning to do this weekend?
I love musicals that involve high school children singing about their futures and teamwork in an optimistic way. I love musicals that are based on the strange politics and drama of the feline underworld. I love musicals where leather-clad, greasy men belt out ballads about the Hand Jive.
For this reason, I am SO excited about this weekend, because on Sunday I get to do something truly special. I get to see Wicked for the first time ever in all my born days.
I read the book a couple of years ago (Ick.) and have since heard this phrase or something like it uttered no less than eighty-mcmillion times “Oh, the musical is nothing like the book. It’s so much better.” So I have pretty high expectations.
I’m going in with no knowledge of the songs because I want to experience them “fresh” for the first time. I’m certain that I’ll have the entire musical downloaded mere seconds after we’ve seen the show, but I want to hear the songs live for the first time so that there’s no comparison during the show.
In somewhat related news about musicals, how much do I love Glee? I’ll go ahead and tell you that the answer is a lot. I care very little about the plot line, but I could listen to those spunky, deranged little high schoolers sing pop songs all day long. And to be completely honest, I do. My iPod is pretty much on repeat of Glee songs the majority of the day.
Finally, we’re having a cold snap this week and we had a little bit of snow last night, so I’m going to cozy up and spend my Saturday watching a whole lotta football and maybe I'll have some chili. I finally got my fall decorations up last night, so it’s an autumn wonderland in my house now. Pumpkins galore and whatnot.
What are you planning to do this weekend?
It is much better than the book. And it's a lot of fun. You'll love it, guaranteed.
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah, SOOOOO (like a million times) better than the book. I ADORE Wicked. If I was into tattoos, I'd totally get I Heart Wicked tattooed on my butt. Let me know how you like it!!! And the soundtrack is amazing. Probably my favorite CD ever.
ReplyDelete