I Need a Little Upslope Flow
Upslope flow is a fancy weather term, for all you meteorologically-challenged readers. Also known as orographic lifting. It means that there's going to be an energetic disturbance and, like, some other stuff. Then the wind will switch with some other wind and, uh, it'll get cold or something.
Weather.com taught me everything I know about upslope flow which, as you can see, is not much. Ultimately it means that I should wake up to lots of snow tomorrow morning and by then end of the day, my yard should look like the above picture.
Don't fail me now, meteorologists. I LOVE a good snow day and I have all of the ingredients ready to make (more) popcorn balls. There is absolutely not a better snow day snack out there. I just realized the other day that our house doesn't have a fireplace, though. Bummer. I'm perceptive like that. So hopefully I'll be curled up in front of a space heater tomorrow, sipping hot tea and eating popcorn balls, looking out at a Winter Wonderland.
Do your job, upslope flow, and no one will get hurt.
Weather.com taught me everything I know about upslope flow which, as you can see, is not much. Ultimately it means that I should wake up to lots of snow tomorrow morning and by then end of the day, my yard should look like the above picture.
Don't fail me now, meteorologists. I LOVE a good snow day and I have all of the ingredients ready to make (more) popcorn balls. There is absolutely not a better snow day snack out there. I just realized the other day that our house doesn't have a fireplace, though. Bummer. I'm perceptive like that. So hopefully I'll be curled up in front of a space heater tomorrow, sipping hot tea and eating popcorn balls, looking out at a Winter Wonderland.
Do your job, upslope flow, and no one will get hurt.

haha! Love this! I will pray for upslope flow so that you may enjoy a winter wonderland tomorrow! :) And then I'll be incredibly jealous. haha Love reading your posts! PS...if you really feel let down about the fireplace thing, they do make those fake ones you put on your wall, and they have the built in "flames" ...they look really realistic (minus the chimney part). :)
ReplyDeleteSo, since this didn't happen, who will you have to hurt today? :)
ReplyDelete