Topics, They Elude Me
I have been so frazzled over the last oh, um, twelve months that I can't get my thoughts in order enough to write a coherent blog post. Planning a wedding is time consuming, y'all. It's not half as time consuming as trying to change your dang last name, though. Seriously? Hardest thing I've ever done. It takes commitment and a tenacious spirit. I have neither, so I've given up and now spend most of my time curled into a little ball, crying tears of pure frustration.
Something that happened to me today at work: I sent an agency-wide e-mail notifying my co-workers of the name change. I got a reply from the lady who manages our resource library telling me that I had checked out a book in March of 2008 and she'd like it back, thankyouverymuch. I checked out that book before I started this blog, people. And do you know where it's been since then? On my desk. That, my friends, is procrastination at its saddest.
Something that is making me very unhappy: While I was away on my honeymoon, the county decided to start charging its employees for parking. Now, I'm not technically an employee (I'm a community partner housed in the county building), but I was still required to reserve and pay for a parking spot. I failed to reserve my spot. As such, I am required to park in a lot that is approximately 1/2 mile from my office and up a hill that rises about 500 feet in elevation. It's my own personal Incline. I am a home visitor. I leave the office multiple times per day. Need I explain the problem any further? My already questionable productivity has really taken a hit. I spend at least an hour a day walking to and from my car. On the up side, I consider it my daily workout.
Something that is making me feel less than adequate: Pinterest. I love Pinterest, to be sure. It's just that sometimes it makes me hyperventilate because there are so many things I need to do! For example, I need to make all of my old sweaters into crafty pillows or scarves! It's imperative that I begin to craft light fixtures out of twine, starch, and latex balloons! And what will happen if I don't figure out how to modge-podge our wedding invitation into a classic and creative showpiece? You know what I really need to do? Fold the load of laundry that's been in my dryer since Saturday. I'd like to know where all these crafty people find the time.
Something I accomplished recently: Watching ALL SIX Star Wars movies with my husband. I had never seen any of them. Now I have. Jarred recapped our viewings here.
Something I'm about to do: Eat my lunch! Goodbye.
Something that happened to me today at work: I sent an agency-wide e-mail notifying my co-workers of the name change. I got a reply from the lady who manages our resource library telling me that I had checked out a book in March of 2008 and she'd like it back, thankyouverymuch. I checked out that book before I started this blog, people. And do you know where it's been since then? On my desk. That, my friends, is procrastination at its saddest.
Something that is making me very unhappy: While I was away on my honeymoon, the county decided to start charging its employees for parking. Now, I'm not technically an employee (I'm a community partner housed in the county building), but I was still required to reserve and pay for a parking spot. I failed to reserve my spot. As such, I am required to park in a lot that is approximately 1/2 mile from my office and up a hill that rises about 500 feet in elevation. It's my own personal Incline. I am a home visitor. I leave the office multiple times per day. Need I explain the problem any further? My already questionable productivity has really taken a hit. I spend at least an hour a day walking to and from my car. On the up side, I consider it my daily workout.
Something that is making me feel less than adequate: Pinterest. I love Pinterest, to be sure. It's just that sometimes it makes me hyperventilate because there are so many things I need to do! For example, I need to make all of my old sweaters into crafty pillows or scarves! It's imperative that I begin to craft light fixtures out of twine, starch, and latex balloons! And what will happen if I don't figure out how to modge-podge our wedding invitation into a classic and creative showpiece? You know what I really need to do? Fold the load of laundry that's been in my dryer since Saturday. I'd like to know where all these crafty people find the time.
Something I accomplished recently: Watching ALL SIX Star Wars movies with my husband. I had never seen any of them. Now I have. Jarred recapped our viewings here.
Something I'm about to do: Eat my lunch! Goodbye.
What, pray tell, is modge-podging ???
ReplyDeleteI love Star Wars. I had seen a few, and very out of order, but this summer I was determined to see all six. The creativity!
ReplyDeleteAlso, yes...Pinterest stresses me out. In the best way possible.