Just a Post

We had a crazy winter storm last night that began with rain and then became very windy with lots of snow. I, in my blindly optimistic way, believed that the conditions created a perfect storm for a snow day. I just knew that rain would freeze beneath the snow, making the roads impassable. The term "graupel" was even bandied about. Alas, my plans failed and no snow day was announced. 

While in Vegas last week, Jarred rekindled his love affair with Planet Hollywood's Cap'n Crunch chicken tenders. He tells me he once convinced his parents to drive four hours to Aspen and back to secure an order of the beloved chicken tenders. So, out of my great love for him, that is approximately how long I spent last night preparing a copycat recipe of his favorite meal. Labor. Intensive. Why is it that when I dredge something it always ends up sticking to my fingers way better than it will stick to the meat which I am dredging? Perhaps that's why I got confused and stuck my index finger in the hot oil. 

We saw The Lego Movie a couple of weeks ago and both loved it. If that makes us dorks and/or juvenile, I don't even care. It was so creative and fun to watch. I was just amazed by the whole thing. In other entertainment news, we have also started recording The Price is Right each day. Can you be juvenile and also 80 years old? That is what we are. We're getting pretty good with our guessing, so it's probably just a matter of time before one of us finds ourselves on the show and wins a sailboat and two scooters. Things everyone desires deeply. 


Jarred got me a pregnancy pillow called a Snoogle for Christmas (see above). It is easily the most comfortable thing I've ever slept upon. Unfortunately, it causes me to fall out of bed on an at least nightly basis. How, might I ask, do they expect a pregnant lady to maneuver around something like this to get up and use the facilities? It's worth it, though, because it's like sleeping on a cloud. 

The Snoogle now has some mascara stains on it because I stayed up into the wee hours of the night a couple of weeks ago to finish reading The Fault in Our Stars. It's been on my Kindle for quite some time and I was in a reading slump, so I thought why not go ahead and read a book about two teenagers with cancer at one of the most hormonal and emotionally vulnerable times in your life? Seems like a wise choice. I did enjoy the book. Admittedly, I'm not as wild about it as many people are, but it's a good read.

I think that's about all the useless information I currently have to share.

Comments

Popular Posts