18 Week Bumpdate

This bump seems gianter this week. Sometimes it's so flat and other times it look super huge. This would obviously be the latter. This picture was taken at the Bellagio because Jarred surprised me with a trip to Vegas to see a couple of Cirque du Soleil shows. We had such a great time. We saw Beatles Love and Zarkana. I would recommend them both. I was SO tired by the end of the trip, though. I think we walked 5 miles every day we were there.  

Size of baby: Well, at our ultrasound this week we were told that Baby Rego is between 7-9 inches, which is larger than what Baby Center says. The technician said she would lean toward 9 inches because our little one's legs are measuring long. Also, baby is 10 oz. I don't know of a fruit that is 10 oz. off-hand or one that's 9 inches, so just use your imagination and/or a ruler or scale. 

Size of mother: Some of my normal pants still fit, but barely. I was weighed at the doctor's office this week and had gained four lbs. since our appointment four weeks ago. However, I am still not back up to my pre-pregnancy weight, so net gain is still negative. Woo hoo! 

What's on the menu: Weirdly, I couldn't come up with any real, strong cravings in Vegas. I got some wonderful pastries, but nothing has really hit the spot this week. I also got sick again last week for the first time since my first trimester, so that was not awesome. 

Best part of the week: We had our anatomy scan yesterday and everything looks great. We also found out we are having a GIRL! We were both shocked, because we both thought it was a boy, but we are so excited! 

Worst part of the week: I have to give a presentation tonight at an after-work meeting. I HATE giving presentations. 

Sleep: Sleeping fairly well, but my nose is really stuffy at night, despite the efforts of our humidifier, so that keeps me awake a lot. 

Thankful for: My sweet husband who planned a surprise get-away and a healthy baby girl! 

Comments

  1. You look so great Micah! We are so excited for you guys and your little girl!! Eek!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts