17 Week Bumpdate
Well, here I am at 17 weeks. Full disclosure: This was taken this morning at 17w2d because I didn't feel like putting makeup on during my Wednesday and Thursday snow days. The sad news is that on Tuesday night, I had my hair curled all prettily and had full makeup on, but fell asleep before Jarred could get a picture. So, this is what we're left with. I have no idea what's going on with that hair. Boo, hiss.
Size of baby: Baby Rego is four and a half inches long and about the size of an turnip? I think they mean the baby weighs as much as a turnip. I know how long 4.5 inches is and I also know how long a turnip is and I do not feel that those two things match up. This is going to bug me throughout my entire pregnancy. Spoiler alert: next week Baby Rego is supposed to be the size of a bell pepper. That seems incorrect.
Size of mother: I haven't been on a scale in the last two weeks, so I don't know. There's a scale in one of the bathrooms at work and I usually try to stealthily weigh myself and pray that no one comes in, but the other day as I was driving to work I noticed that you can definitely see in that window from the parking lot. My comfort level with weighing myself at work, which was already quite low, took a real nosedive. My regular jeans still fit, but my work pants will no longer button.
What's on the menu: Fudgsicles. I had to look up the spelling.
Best part of the week: I got TWO snow days. Woo hoo!
Worst part of the week: Running out of fudgsicles. Oh, and that Super Bowl, which we won't discuss further. Lastly, I just realized I forgot to put deodorant on this morning. Nice.
Sleep: I've been sleeping much better, which is terrible. I know people say "Sleep now because you'll never sleep again." However, I've pretty much stockpiled sleep my entire life. What I need is some non-sleep training to help me learn how to not sleep for the next 30 years. It's gonna be rough.
Thankful for: The ability to do seventy-billion loads of laundry on my days off so that I don't have to do any laundry this weekend.


Comments
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog!