19 Weeks...Yes, I'm a week behind for those who are counting.

This was last week. I am behind. I have also lost that part of my brain that feels shame when I put pictures of myself sans makeup on the Internet for people to see. That's not the only part of my brain that's been lost, though. I just typed "picktures" only moments ago. I would like to say it was just a typo and my brain did not direct my finger to the "k" key, but I can't be sure. 

So, the thing I've noticed this week is that my bump seems to attract a lot of food. Rare is the moment during my day that I do not have some type of food caked on my midsection. Today it's actually cake. 

You may be wondering why I pose in front of the door every week. It is because that is literally the only blank wall in our home. We live in an 800 square foot home and this is the only spot that does not house furniture, which is fortunate since that's the front door and all. I'm sure having a baby in the house will decrease the amount of things we have. Good plan. 

I didn't copy and paste the order of past Bumpdates, so we're just winging this one. Here goes. 

Size of baby: Baby Rego is the length of a banana. This is supposedly 10 inches. 

Size of mother: Holding strong at -1 lb. from my prepregnancy weight. I do not feel that my doctor's office is praising me enough for the fact that I've gotten halfway through my pregnancy without gaining a single pound. They should be nicer. 

What's on the menu: Today it was Chick-fil-A and the aforementioned cake. Both were delightful. 

Worst part of the week: I thought I might be experiencing pre-term labor, but it turned out to be a bladder infection, which leads me to conclude that I might be underestimating what labor feels like by just a tad. 

Best part of the week: I think we have decided on a first name for our little girl. Amazing. Also, she is kicking up a storm this week. I can't wait until Jarred can feel it from the outside.

Comments

  1. Your underestimating labor part cracked me up! Hope little miss gets your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts