Snowy Monday

I woke up this morning to several inches of snow, which I’m not sure was in the forecast. Still, whether it’s expected or not, I love to peek between my shades when I wake up and see that our street has been draped in a cascade of fallen snow. After I’ve glimpsed the snow, I immediately turn the TV on and one of two things happens: 1) Extreme elation due to the announcement that I have a snow day or 2) Utter despair because they’re making me trudge to work despite the obvious danger to my personal well-being. The latter was the case this morning. No one decided to close today…or even delay for that matter. It took me almost an hour to get to work!

I had a reasonably eventful weekend…one that didn’t make me feel like a complete outcast, anyway. I went to see “Bride Wars” with some girlfriends on Friday night. It was a cute film with a couple of good laughs. I will pretty much laugh at any all everything, though, so my testimonial is probably not very reliable. I’m sad that there haven’t been any romantic comedies in the last few years that are worthy of watching cyclically. I have some favorites from the 2000-2004 era that I can watch over and over again without getting bored. Recently it seems I just can’t muster up the passion for girly movies like I used to. There are some encouraging flicks coming out in the next several weeks that may change my views on the current era, though.


“New in Town” with Renee Zellweger looks fun. Although it looks like Harry Connick, Jr. simply reprises his role as Justin Matisse. No complaints here.


“He’s Just Not That Into You” should cause me to rethink my life-plan. Because let’s face it, he’s really not.

I’m looking forward to “Confessions of a Shopaholic,” because I liked the books, despite protests from my more-sophisticated and refined alter-ego.

And finally...

“All About Steve” which looks hilarious and stars one of my favorite actors, Bradley Cooper. He’s the new Matthew, people.

So maybe it will be a good winter. Or maybe something more exciting will happen in my life and I won't have to write about movies.

Hope you had a great weekend, too! I'm off to bundle up for my next appointment!

Comments

  1. I went to the movies for the first time in about 2 years and saw bride wars. I liked it but it makes me realize how small town I am. I get amazed at how much people spend on weddings and fashion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts