Take a Chance, Take a Chance…and So On

Two of my friends, Jaci and Alecia, and I decided to go on a somewhat spontaneous trip this weekend. We drew an 8-hour radius around Colorado Springs and pinned little donkeys on the map to see where we would go. Don’t ask me why. Surprisingly (or maybe not since we’re cheaters), Jaci and I both tagged the area around Moab, Utah. I’m so excited about the trip. Can you say “camping in sub-zero temperatures sounds like the bestest way to spend a three-day weekend ever?” I’ve made it my mantra.



Regardless of how many fingers and toes I lose to frostbite, it really is going to be such a great time. In 2008 I made a little pact with myself to start taking more risks and having a more adventurous spirit, mainly so that people would stop calling me names like Boring Micah. Therefore, this trip is an itty-bitty shuffle in that general direction. Minuscule. Almost microscopic. I’m not going to do anything that can actually be classified as borderline insane, but I do want to make sure I’m not stuck in the same ole rut all the time. I’m young and single, unencumbered by the pressures of family or any real responsibility so I want to do these things while I can. Believe me, I wish I was encumbered by those things at this point and have some slight envy for those of you who are, but I figure you have to “bloom where you’re planted,” right? Don’t even think about making fun of me for using that oft-quoted phrase. Billy Graham and I think it’s the best. So Jaci, Alecia, and I are going to bloom in Utah. Or something that sounds less strange than that. Check back with me on Monday and I’ll have descriptions of the madness that will have ensued. And probably some unflattering pictures. Oh, boy! For now, I'll leave you with this picture. Hopefully this is what I'll wake up to tomorrow morning!




Have a great weekend and if you think about it pray that all of our extremities remain attached!

Comments

  1. I have my ABBA music ready to go. I also have a tiny 'lil donkey ready for the adventure! Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts