The Haps of Late

Here are some recent happenings in my life. I know you probably don't care, but I'm trying to document the fact that I lived and breathed while on this earth, so I'm posting some highlights for July of 2009.

Firstly, I went to the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo two weeks ago with some friends. It was great good fun because there were bulls, cowboys, Amish folk, a really really fat naked baby, and cowboys. Oh, and I almost forgot the best part-- Fresh Squeezed Cherry Lemonade. Mmmm...

Here are some pictures:

This is an Amish family that sat right in front of us. I'm not sure if Amish children put hexes and/or curses on people who are wild and possibly a little rambunctious. But if they do, I have definitely been hexed by the child in the white hat pictured above. My friend Alecia and I let out nary a "whoop" where this child did not turn 180 degrees to give us a look of utmost loathing.

Then I had a birthday and my friends threw the lovliest party for me. The food is pictured below, but apparently no one felt the need to get actual birthday pictures. I have no documentation that I blew out all 19 candles (as you know, I just had my one year high school reunion, so in keeping with the charade, I obviously turned 19).

Then on Wednesday last, I had the privilege of seeing Sugarland/Keith Urban at the Pepsi Center in Denver. Well, I mostly watched them on the large screens they brought because the $20 seats to this show were basically somewhere between Denver and Outer Mongolia.

An obvious highlight of this evening was that the woman pictured above was sitting directly in front of me. And there is just nothing better to me than an octogenarian sporting pigtails secured with yarn. I swear, I haven't seen anyone use those tie thingies for their hair since approximately 1986 and that was even pushing it.

Some other highlights were when we got FREE queso at dinner. I'd like to say it was because we dazzled the waiter with our stunning good looks and keen wit, but it was actually just because they made us move tables half a dozen times before letting us sit down and order. Still, maybe the waiter wanted us in close proximity to him at all times. Or maybe he was trying to get us out of his line of sight. I choose to believe the former.

The final highlight was that I learned I have GPS on my phone. This really comes in handy for a woefully forgetful person like myself. I am forever leaving my MapQuest directions on the printer at work. Oh, and I forgot the part where Keith declared his undying love to me from the stage. It took all of my will power, but I rebuffed him. I mean, what would Nicole and Sunday Rose do without him? Really, Keith. I thought you were better than that.

And lastly the good people of the Geek Squad have redeemed themselves by returning my laptop computer machine to my care wholly reconditioned and with all of my pictures and iTunes. Because heaven forbid I lose all of the pictures of women with yarn braids. That would just be tragic.

I just know you're dying for a reunion update. I'm fashioning it currently but I want to do it justice. And as I won't have anything else to write about in the forseeable future, I've gotta draw this stuff out a bit. Hold your horses.

Comments

  1. I never heard about the fat naked baby! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once had a groomer put yarn in my dogs hair for a bow. And that was just last year. Nonetheless, great things you be doin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You failed to mention Judy coming to our aid en route to the free queso. Or your newly-named GPS feature, whose name currently escapes me. Please remind me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the picture of the yarn adorned woman!!! That is picture gold. I used to have those thingies. Easy to lose, so I truly, truly am in awe she has some like 25 years later.

    I saw Keith and Sugarland, and I pretty much love them all. I'm glad you held yourself back from Keith. It is hard. When he's all getting with it on that guitar...and sweaty...and singing songs he wrote...and...nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I totally thought you were serious about the one year reunion. I'm pretty easily confused...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I wish it was only a year ago that I graduated, Jenny. I can see how you would get confused. It was a pretty lame attempt at humor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts