Reunited and It Feels So Good

As you know, I attended my high school reunion last weekend. Let me just tell you, between 1996 and 1999, I was Miss High School. Not literally. Heavens no. I couldn't win a pageant under threat of bodily harm. I sweat and cry when faced with the opportunity to entertain people with my tap dancing slash baton twirling skills. Or whatever it is they make you do in a pageant.

However, I truly loved all things high school and would totally go back today if I had the chance. That's the way it's been with each stage of my life. There really hasn't been a time that I've hated and would refuse to go back and do again. Other than my seemingly endless "awkward phase" which actually just ended...um, let's see...carry the one...divided by two...um, last week. So never mind.

But forget all that. What I came here to tell you is that I had an amazing time at the reunion. It was so much fun to catch up with people and hear about what they've been up to over the last decade, and see who they've become.

There were some surprises, no doubt. What overwhelmed me, though, was how great everyone seems to be doing. It was really inspiring to see what people have been doing with their lives. And by inspiring, I mean depressing.

I kid. I kid.
Here I am with a great group of ladies. I'm so impressed with what these women are doing with their lives and all they've accomplished.

Friday night my friend Taylor had a dinner for several of us and I marveled at how most of us truly had not seen each other in ten years, but it seemed like hardly any time had passed. To me, that is the measure of true friendship and proves that we've grown into mature adults who are comfortable with ourselves. No matter how many hours we may or may not spend watching Hannah Montana each week. Not that I know anyone who watches Hannah Montana. It's just an example. Of me. Watching Hannah Montana.
If you're as old as me and have a ten year reunion coming up, go. Even if you're nervous or didn't like high school or never have quite gotten rid of that Senior 70. Er, I mean, Freshman 15.

Trust me. You may learn something about yourself. And, if your experience is anything like mine, you may also learn something about some of the slightly intoxicated girls who never really spoke to you in high school but felt that the best time to open up would be in the ladies' room ten years later.

Comments

  1. Senior 70. Likes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was one special day where I watched no less than eight hours of Hannah Montana. I joved every moment of it! No shame here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts