Just Junk
Can you believe it's already the end of July? Neither can the state of Colorado, apparently, because he (if I'm personifying a state, I get to choose what gender he will be) seems to believe that it's actually something like mid-October around here. Honestly, I just went out to a home visit and the temperature gauge in my car proclaimed that it is 56 degrees outside. FIFTY-SIX! And that's not all. There's a torrential downpour to go along with it.
Before I get lots of hate mail from my friends who live in the seventh circle of Hades, heat-wise, let me be clear that I am not complaining.
I am NOT upset about this strange weather for a multitude of reasons:
1) I have no air conditioning in my home. It's this crazy thing where people in the state of Colorado think they don't need to employ the use of modern technology to make themselves comfortable. I swear, if I hear about the heat here being a "dry heat" one more time...tell it to my "sodden armpits."
2) My sod has never looked better. No thanks to anything I've been doing, obviously. And I'm not having to pay the $7.50 per gallon of water that Colorado Springs Utilities seems to have decided would be an appropriate charge in this economy.
3) The wind blew what looked to be the beginnings of a bird's nest right off of my porch. Hallelujah. Now I don't have to duck and cover every time I go get the mail (rarely) or go out to water the lawn (never).
4) It is possibly snowing a bit on the Peak which means that for my own personal safety, I probably shouldn't climb anything that is remotely close to the Peak. Which, my friends, includes the Incline. Gosh darn you, mid-summer snowstorm! Grrrr... I really wanted to climb that tomorrow morning!
Here are some things I have been enjoying in this climate.
I know, lame segue.

Nature Valley Nut Clusters. Like 'em. Although I just found out that they "voluntarily recalled" the pecan version, so buy that kind at your own risk. I have been enjoying the almond variety and am happy to report no food-borne illness as of press time.
I'm reading My Life in France. Julia Child lived a fascinating life. It makes me want to go to Le Cordon Bleu school. I'm working on my pronunciation and diction of French first. You should hear me say, well, anything in French. It's lovely.
I'm also reading Crazy Love by Frances Chan. Halfway through and enjoying it so far, but I can only take about a drop of serious in my morning coffee, so it's taking me a while.
I'm thrilled to tell you that I am the proud owner of the ruffly, girly dress pictured above. I know it may look blue in the picture, but when you receive it in the mail from your friends at Victoria's Secret via FedEx, it will be seersucker. And let me tell you, that's a lot of seersucker. Let that be a lesson to you about online shopping. Always roll over the picture for the enlarged version. Always.
Now for the real news. In a little over 24 hours, I will be holding this adorable little mess.
Before I get lots of hate mail from my friends who live in the seventh circle of Hades, heat-wise, let me be clear that I am not complaining.
I am NOT upset about this strange weather for a multitude of reasons:
1) I have no air conditioning in my home. It's this crazy thing where people in the state of Colorado think they don't need to employ the use of modern technology to make themselves comfortable. I swear, if I hear about the heat here being a "dry heat" one more time...tell it to my "sodden armpits."
2) My sod has never looked better. No thanks to anything I've been doing, obviously. And I'm not having to pay the $7.50 per gallon of water that Colorado Springs Utilities seems to have decided would be an appropriate charge in this economy.
3) The wind blew what looked to be the beginnings of a bird's nest right off of my porch. Hallelujah. Now I don't have to duck and cover every time I go get the mail (rarely) or go out to water the lawn (never).
4) It is possibly snowing a bit on the Peak which means that for my own personal safety, I probably shouldn't climb anything that is remotely close to the Peak. Which, my friends, includes the Incline. Gosh darn you, mid-summer snowstorm! Grrrr... I really wanted to climb that tomorrow morning!
Here are some things I have been enjoying in this climate.
I know, lame segue.

Nature Valley Nut Clusters. Like 'em. Although I just found out that they "voluntarily recalled" the pecan version, so buy that kind at your own risk. I have been enjoying the almond variety and am happy to report no food-borne illness as of press time.
I'm reading My Life in France. Julia Child lived a fascinating life. It makes me want to go to Le Cordon Bleu school. I'm working on my pronunciation and diction of French first. You should hear me say, well, anything in French. It's lovely.
I'm also reading Crazy Love by Frances Chan. Halfway through and enjoying it so far, but I can only take about a drop of serious in my morning coffee, so it's taking me a while.
I'm thrilled to tell you that I am the proud owner of the ruffly, girly dress pictured above. I know it may look blue in the picture, but when you receive it in the mail from your friends at Victoria's Secret via FedEx, it will be seersucker. And let me tell you, that's a lot of seersucker. Let that be a lesson to you about online shopping. Always roll over the picture for the enlarged version. Always.Now for the real news. In a little over 24 hours, I will be holding this adorable little mess.


There are so many things I want to comment on but I will keep it to the following:
ReplyDelete1. I love ruffles! I keep meaning to order my own dress with ruffles from VS but alas, I have forgotten to do so until now.
2. I heart that precious baby. Please bring her to lunch on Monday! Please. Ask Steph. Please.
3. Lyla did make me cry a little. Or maybe it was because I REALLY wanted to do the incline tomorrow. No, that can't be right. It must've been Lyla.
This post is full of humor---the arm pit thing---- and tenderness----the little baby. Do so enjoy your blog--- Love from your wacky MeeMaw
ReplyDelete* Sodden armpits. Wonderful.
ReplyDelete* Let me borrow that dress.
* Let me borrow Lyla.
Love the dress. Seriously cute.
ReplyDeleteI've been listening to Crazy Love, and I, too, must take it in small doses.