A few of my favorite things...

Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. My family has a lot of traditions and I consider myself the gatekeeper of some of those traditions. I'm sort of a dictator when it comes to having things "just so" at Christmas. For this reason, most of my family hates me and I am no longer welcome home during the holidays. Kidding. My family, thankfully, is a very gracious bunch. They let me root around the Christmas tree farm for hours trying to find the tree that is best suited for our home. They let me rearrange the presents countless times to get just the right color palette under the tree. In short, they support my OCD.


We always eat Mexican Chicken on Christmas Eve. We always attend the candlelight Christmas Eve service at the church where I grew up. We never open presents on Christmas Eve, mostly because my dad hasn't had me and my sister wrap his gifts yet. And even though I am now 27 years old and my sister is 25, we still get a gift from Santa, which is unwrapped and placed in front of the fireplace. What are some of your family's traditions?


This year, I've discovered some great new products I love and am looking forward to seeing under the tree...

This is laundry soap from my favorite candle company. You have not slept in luxury until you've washed your sheets in this delightful medley of jasmine and lavender. Buy it. Your nose will thank you. My favorite scent is "High Maintenance," but they have other wonderful scents, as well. I ordered mine here. Shout out to my incredible Mee Maw for introducing me to the wonder of Glamorous Wash! I can also attest that their candles are all remarkable and burn incredibly well.

I am also currently loving these boots and am holding out hope that I might find them under the tree as well. I haven't been able to find them anywhere, but maybe my precious mother has had more luck.


I recently watched this film with several of my friends. It is truly amazing. While technical at times, it portrays just how amazing the search for Christ by the Magi was. It also gives a very compelling account of the crucifixion in relation to what was happening astronomically at the time. I am always moved deeply when God uses science to reveal His truth to us. You should definitely check it out.



Have a great day!

**Update: I bought the boots! I found them here and they have a great 20% off promo going on. The code is CHEERS. Yay!


Comments

  1. "That's not how my mom makes mexican chicken."

    Just found your blog. Look forward to keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts