Adult-itis.

It is an absolutely gorgeous Tuesday in the Pikes Peak region. It is sunny and warm and amazing. You would never know that I got to go home early from work on Friday because of “The World’s Worst Blizzard.” I think meteorologists just like to incite panic. It makes them feel powerful. It actually wasn’t too bad, but I’m sure glad I have new tires on my Jeep, or I would have been in the median with a lot of other poor souls. Bald tires and spring* snowstorms don’t mix.

Because we’ve been enjoying lovely weather, I’ve been inspired to get outside a bit. On Sunday, my friend Alecia and I decided to have lunch in Manitou Springs and walk around in their downtown area. I think I’d like to sum up Manitou with pictures, rather than words. I’m sure you’ll get the gist. This young lady is an aspiring street performer and was trying out to perform in Manitou. Who knew that Manitou will not allow people to perform willy-nilly on any corner they choose? Apparently they’re all about rules and order when it comes to street performances. I just wish they’d employ the same philosophy regarding grooming and hygiene, the use of illegal substances, and casting spells on random passersby. I’d certainly be willing to visit more regularly.

See how I did that? Now you know all about Manitou without me having to tell you about the witches and hippies.

I also got outside last night for a bit and watched the Softballers play a double-header. They now have a 5-1 record. I’m telling you, they are on a roll. I’m also pleased to report that the temperature was in the sixties, so I will not be losing any appendages as a result of watching their games this week.

And finally…drum-roll, please…

I am officially an adult. I know I’ve technically been an adult for quite some time, but it just didn’t feel real until last week when I opened the mailbox and pulled out my first jury summons. Obviously, in keeping with the opinions you’ve probably already formed about me, I cannot wait to participate in our judicial process! It’s probably a civil case, rather than criminal and I’m pretty sure that I’ll immediately be dismissed because of the nature of my job. However, I’m hoping I get to appear at the very least. I’ll be so sad if I call the number and they tell me I’m not needed. Please, I hear that enough already.

I tried to take an anonymous picture of the summons, but I couldn’t get it to upload. Probably best. I’m not up on my rules for posting pictures of your jury summons and I sure wouldn’t want Big Brother to have to arrest me or silence me. I think you know what I mean.


I think that's all for today. I'd love to hear about your jury duty and/or street performer experiences!


*Tangent rant: It bothers me that seasons are not capitalized unless personified.

Comments

  1. I had my first jury summons in college. And I had to serve. And it was a criminal case. I know. I'm so cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I must tell you about my jury summons, but first things first. I love your new blog look. So Sheek! Okay here goes. I received my summons while I was attending college! I, like you, was so excited to "finally" be apart of the judicial system I had learned/heard so much about. Granted this was in Alabama. So I went to the court house, and they asked several questions randomly to all the prospective jurors. There was more waiting, and lots of forms. I was there ALL DAY long, and didn't get picked. I was devastated. This happened to me twice. It seemed at least in Alabama that once you were "chosen" as a prospective juror that your name just kept coming up on a regular basis. So after those 2 days of being so excited, but wasting a day. The next couple of times I was selected ----it "just so happened" I had engagements I could not get out of to participate in the process. Hope it goes like you want it to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish that that woman's armpits were showing in one of those pictures. That would have REALLY given your faithful readers a taste of Manitou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhaha -- those pics of Manitou sum it up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous. I've never gotten a jury summons before either. And I pretty much have no chance of being chosen even if I get called up. Although I'd love to do it and get on the inside track. So, here's hoping you can fulfill both of our dreams - I'll just live vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts