
Today is a special day. My mom and my sister were born on this very day (several years apart, as you probably guessed). It is also a VERY special birthday for my mama, but I won't say which one. I don't want the wrath of Mindy to come down on me.
My mom is a great person. If you don't know her, you should. She's a very patient, loving person. She's always serving other people and wants to make sure everyone has what they need. She is also a wonderful cook and entertainer (not the stage variety, the hostess variety). My mom has been a constant source of support and encouragement in my life and I thank God for the blessing she is to me! I love you, Mom! Have a wonderful "__th" Birthday!

Now, for Heather. What can I say about her? Heather is usually the happiest person in a room. She is fun-loving and light-hearted. She is always trying to make people laugh and usually succeeds. I am blessed to have such a wonderful little sister. Happy Birthday, Heather!



In some non-birthday related news, I'm probably going to need all five toes on my right foot amputated. Since I'm such a caring, generous friend, I spent approximately 4 hours watching my peeps play softball on Monday night where the average temperature on the softball field was negative thirty-seven degrees. My toes still haven't recovered. The good news is that they won BOTH games, which has never happened in the history of these people playing softball. I think the weak hollers from my frozen lungs probably pushed them through to victory. That, or the other teams had started to experience the beginning stages of hypothermia, whereas our team was dressed in more
Arctic-appropriate attire. Regardless, I'd like to offer a big congratulations to the
Softballers! Please don't expect me to come to any more of your games.
Your mom is a good cook. I remember spending the night and she ALWAYS made us donuts and donut holes the next morning!
ReplyDelete