Frivolous Friday
I'm feeling frivolous today. And invincible as always. I don't have any way to tie this post together, so I will list some unpremeditated (it is actually a word. Who on earth knew? Don't answer that Matthew John.) thoughts for you now:
1) I cut my bangs this morning on a whim. Think Kate Hudson in Bride Wars. Or, don't if you're a guy. Although I'm sure if you're a guy, you could not care less about my bangs.
2) I'm currently involved in a SIP (Self Improvement Plan) which has helped me remember how much I love fruit. Incidentally, it has also helped me get over my disdain for people who shop at Whole Foods. I need their peanut butter to help me improve my life. Oh, and their pineapple. And, apparently, some weird whole wheat fruit bar Fig Newton-y thing.
3) I'm also trying to be a "scarf girl." I eschewed the fashion trend all through the winter because I just didn't feel I could "pull it off." However, I think the summer scarf is more suitable for my style. So I bought this black and white striped scarf at Tar-jay and can only seem to work up the nerve to wear it on Fridays. Weird. Thus, I have dubbed it my fun Friday fashion. Just now. That's what I just now dubbed it.
I don't wear it with a tank-top like this young lady, though. And I'm pretty sure I never stand like that. Let's hope not, anyway.
4) I'm going to see a country act called "Lady Antebellum" tonight at a place in Denver. The concert was originally scheduled for January 21 of this year, but they bailed for a spot on The Tonight Show. Because of this, I've been carrying the tickets around in my purse for approximately four months. And with my luck, I just know today is the day I will be mugged by some low-life purse snatcher. I've been avoiding sidewalks and public places today for this very reason.
Have a wonderful weekend!
1) I cut my bangs this morning on a whim. Think Kate Hudson in Bride Wars. Or, don't if you're a guy. Although I'm sure if you're a guy, you could not care less about my bangs.
2) I'm currently involved in a SIP (Self Improvement Plan) which has helped me remember how much I love fruit. Incidentally, it has also helped me get over my disdain for people who shop at Whole Foods. I need their peanut butter to help me improve my life. Oh, and their pineapple. And, apparently, some weird whole wheat fruit bar Fig Newton-y thing.
3) I'm also trying to be a "scarf girl." I eschewed the fashion trend all through the winter because I just didn't feel I could "pull it off." However, I think the summer scarf is more suitable for my style. So I bought this black and white striped scarf at Tar-jay and can only seem to work up the nerve to wear it on Fridays. Weird. Thus, I have dubbed it my fun Friday fashion. Just now. That's what I just now dubbed it.
I don't wear it with a tank-top like this young lady, though. And I'm pretty sure I never stand like that. Let's hope not, anyway.4) I'm going to see a country act called "Lady Antebellum" tonight at a place in Denver. The concert was originally scheduled for January 21 of this year, but they bailed for a spot on The Tonight Show. Because of this, I've been carrying the tickets around in my purse for approximately four months. And with my luck, I just know today is the day I will be mugged by some low-life purse snatcher. I've been avoiding sidewalks and public places today for this very reason.
Have a wonderful weekend!
1. I tried to cut my bangs in high school. I didn't stop until they were approximately 1/2 millimeter long. Now, I just admit that I cannot cut in a straight line.
ReplyDelete2. Good luck with the fake Fig Newtons.
3. Scarves make me feel like I'm choking. It may have something to do with the fact that I have no neck.
So I only wear them when it's less than 20 degrees outside. But I'm jealous of all those people who look natural with them.
4. Lady A is a hot commodity and you're wise to be cautious. I'm so jeolous you're going!! Have a fantastic time!
Have a wonderful week-end.>> I would cut my bangs too----but---I am not sure whose bangs they are--so am I entitled? Our secret. LOL MeeMaw
ReplyDelete