Random Ramblings
1) I watched “Shooter” for the first time with my roommates Tuesday night. It was ossum…with an oh-ess-ess. You should not watch this movie if you are opposed to any of the following: justice being served vigilante-style, people being separated from their limbs, Marky Mark with a mullet. You should watch this movie if you fall into any of these categories: you don’t mind a teensy-weensy bit of blood, you are awesome, you think Marky Mark is attractive with any hairstyle.2) This morning I had a dream that I woke up and went through my entire morning routine. It was surreal. When I actually did wake up, the clock read 7:36 am. In my dream, it was 7:41 am. So, it’s kind of like I got five minutes of my life back. Pretty cool. And yes, I was still late to work. But only because there were garage door-related issues and also because I woke up at 7:36 am.
3) My Paw Paw and I were watching some television last week and we saw an advertisement for this:
The Shoe Skirt. I am perplexed by the Shoe Skirt. It's a dust ruffle-type thing that holds your shoes. It definitely seems easier to place my shoes in a closet shoe organizer rather than getting down on my knees, lifting the bed skirt, discovering that the shoes I want are actually on the other side of the bed, standing up, walking to the other side of the bed, getting down on my knees, lifting the bed skirt…I think you see where I’m going with this. You’re intelligent people. I’ll spare you the rest of the monologue running through my mind.
But can I also just say that it cracks me up how all the women on these shoe organizing commercials either keep their shoes a) in the original shoebox or b) in a giant pile on the floor of their closet. Really, who does that? If you do, then the Shoe Skirt might just be the solution to all your issues associated with the organization of your shoes. And possibly many of your other problems, too. Who knows?
*Mee Maw, if you still keep your shoes in the original box, my apologies.
4) Umm…did any of you see Lady GaGa on American Idol last night? Lady GaGa, if that’s your “poker face,” then I don’t think any of us want to see it. Please spare us from all other facial expressions you might have in your repertoire.
5) I made The Pioneer Woman’s lasagna recipe last week and I have to tell you, it was so good! If you don’t know the PW, you should. She is a fantastic writer and has the best recipes. The secret with this one is Jimmy Dean sausage. You had probably already guessed that, though. I mean, all good things start with Jimmy Dean sausage…sausage balls…sausage biscuits…sausage gravy…um, sausage lasagna…er, yeah.
6) It is with great sorrow that I announce the passing of Happy Thursday. After 2.5 years of merriment and fun-having on the eve of Invincible Friday, I’m officially declaring it dead. People get busy, they move on, they realize they are tired of being my friend after 2.5 years. Sure I’m sometimes a little too loud. And I know that my blog posts seem unending at times. And there’s the whole “Christmas Nazi” thing. But can’t a girl get some love on a Thursday? They’ll come back. Surely they will.
Umm, I may or may keep my shoes in a pile on my closet floor. Please buy me the shoe skirt for Christmas.
ReplyDelete