It's a Scarf, Sir!

I know you’ve been waiting with bated breath to hear about my weekend. Well let me tell you, it was an eventful one. I spent the majority of the weekend trying to pinpoint the precise moment when I will contract the swine flu. Conclusion: really soon. It’s already in Kansas. It’s just a matter of time before it crosses the border. I know you’re thinking “Oh, she’s one of those.” And you’re right. I am.

However, I did manage to squeeze some fun in between all the nail-biting and checking of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for official reports. We made it to the Lady A concert Friday night and I’m happy to report that no one attempted to steal my purse throughout the day, so we had tickets! Given the security measures that the Grizzly Rose employs, though, I think I could’ve written “Admit 1” on a piece of paper and we still would have made it in. A couple of things happened at the concert: 1) I was informed by an extremely inebriated man that he liked my “tie.” I’m going to go ahead and assume that his drunken state left him unable to distinguish between a tie and a scarf because I seriously hope it didn’t look like I was sporting a neck tie. 2) It was standing room only at this particular venue and Alecia almost got into a throw-down for asking a young lady in front of us to rein in her dancing. It was touch and go for a moment. 3) They had some plumbing issues throughout the evening (as in none of their toilets would flush), but luckily we went to the restroom long before the concert ever started, so I feel that we dodged a major bullet.

I also discovered that I evidently trimmed off some of my eyelashes while cutting my bangs last week. Because I clearly need another reason for people to think there’s something a little “off” about me.

And in the interest of full disclosure, I will tell you that I went to see “Fighting” this weekend. And because I claim to be an honest person, I will also tell you that I really liked it. Would I have liked it as much if Channing Tatum had not been playing the lead role? Probably not. However, Terrence Howard delivers a hilarious (this could have been unintentional) performance. And for some reason I really like to see people punch one another (Disclaimer: this only applies to films. I don’t like boxing or UFC so please don’t invite me to the “fight.” Thank you.).

Finally, the Softballers concluded their season last night with a 7-1 record! I am pleased to report that I was awarded the honor of being MVF (Most Valuable Fan), which is something I made up and they humored me by going along with it. I was given a t-shirt and a high-five for my efforts. All appreciated. Good Job Softballers!

How was your weekend?

Comments

  1. 1. I most definitely would have won the throw-down. I like throw-downs. I especially enjoy those of the hoedown variety.

    2. Lady A was fun times and I'm glad that I didn't need to use the restroom.

    3. Yeah, Softballers! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Micah, very funny. You should have told him you liked his toupee and when he said he didn't have a toupee you could say, "Yeah, well I don't have a tie either." Hopefully he didn't have a toupee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts