Doubly Horrific
Please don't mistake me for a heartless person, because what happened in the Netherlands today is truly tragic. However, I almost could not read about it for being distracted by this photo, which accompanied the article (I've done some cropping to protect the innocent). I mean c'mon people, first this man (er, Prince?) is horrified by the events of the day and then he has to see this image splashed across the world-wide web. I wonder what kind of face he made when he saw this photograph...I'm just sayin', wouldn't it have been a bit more sensitive to crop this guy out of the pic and just let Princess Maxima convey the Royal family's dismay?
I feel for this guy (er, His Highness?). Who among us has not seen a photograph of ourselves on Facebook that we immediately de-tagged because of the embarrassing nature of our facial expression and/or position of our eyelids? I am certain that if MSN had a de-tagging feature, this man (um, Crowned Head?) would immediately utilize the properties of said feature.
And for caution's sake, I Googled him to make sure he doesn't have some "ailment" that I'm not aware of. He does not. He looks perfectly normal when his fingers are not jammed in his mouth like that.
New information is streaming in about this particular photo (because I've been looking it up) and I have it on good authority that there are numerous videos out there documenting the incident and a still frame from any one of them could have provided the same dramatic effect with infinitely less humiliation on this man's (er, Majesty's?) part.
That is all. Please direct your hate mail regarding my insensitivity elsewhere. Thank you.
LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up, but I must have missed it. What happened in the Netherlands?
ReplyDeleteSorry, Shanna! I should have linked it...here's a story about what happened:
ReplyDeletehttp://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Security-For-Dutch-Queen-Stepped-Up-After-Car-Crash-Attack-On-Royal-Family-Killed-Six-Plus-Attacker/Article/200905115274119