Get Your Weekend On

It's Friday! Woo-diddly-hoo! I'm so excited about this weekend and about the fact that today is my day off from all things climbing, hiking, running, lifting, Shreding, and just generally hurting.

Tonight we're going to see "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian." I've been looking forward to it for months. I love hilarious, clean movies.



On Saturday I'm going to a street festival called "Territory Days." This festival is the kick-off of The Season of Perpetual Happiness. Otherwise known as summer. Summer is a season of happiness not only because of the wonderful weather, but also because I generally spend my weekends at some manner of street festival, county fair, concert, or rodeo. These things are what keep me getting out of bed in the mornings. I'm motivated by the prospect of spotting a spectacular mullet, sipping a giant cherry lemonade, and eating something fried on a stick.

Don't judge me.

Then Sunday my friend and former roommate of almost three years, Lauren, is getting married. I love a good wedding. I can't resist the temptation to make a fool of myself on the dance floor in front of friends and relatives of friends. It beats my usual M.O. of making a fool of myself on the dance floor in front of people who don't know me and thus, couldn't care less about hurting my feelings, prompting them to mock me openly.

Sadly, I am dateless for this wedding. It's probably because I would rather shove bamboo shoots up my fingernails than ask someone I'm not dating to accompany me to a wedding so that I can end up embarrassing myself and my pity date by dancing with reckless abandon to The Cupid Shuffle.

Finally, on Monday I will be getting my cookout on at Denise and Jaci's house. I love cookouts. And my friends. And, unrelated to this particular subject, sno-cones. Just in case you were wondering.

Comments

  1. Umm, so that cookout is at my house as well. And I'm pretty sure it's Monday. Hopefullly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaci, whatever do you mean? It says Monday and I've given you appropriate credit for hosting...you are a strange girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't say "woo-diddly-hoo."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts