No Time! There's Never Any Time!

Name that 90's TV show. I'll give you a prize if you can finish the rest of the monologue.***

Okay, here's a rundown of what's been going on in my life since last Thursday. Friday night I went to Shane & Shane's "Turn Down the Music" tour. It was amazing. If you have an opportunity to catch one of the shows on this tour, do it. They are in California this week and then Arizona to finish off the tour.

I will quickly tell you that I have been trying to write a post about how grateful I should be every single day for all of the blessings in my life. It's one of those themes again. And the Lord is very serious about making sure I "get" it when He's trying to tie a theme together in a nice little package. This concert was Stop #37 on the "Micah Needs to Learn Some Gratitude" Tour. And this particular stop had quite an impact.

I am so blessed. And I don't say that flippantly. I mean it with all my heart. And I should get down on my knees every single day and thank God for all of the amazing blessings He's showered me with. But that's not the only thing I should do with my gratitude. If I really understood how incredibly undeserved these blessings are, I think it would completely change my behavior. I would probably devote myself to something more than myself.

David Nassar shared a statistic with us when he was speaking during the concert. He stated that if 6% of the church would commit to adopting an orphan, there would not be a single child in any orphanage anywhere around the world! I shake my head at that and wonder why aren't the people who can do something about this doing anything? See, I have a heart for adoption and truly want to adopt a child someday, but I'm single and poor and live with two other girls and a strange dog. So I have an excuse. But really, I don't. My excuses were shattered on Friday night when I really began to think about how much I could be doing, but don't because I'm "too busy" (with what?) or "too immature" or "need to get things in order first."

Now don't panic MeeMaw, I'm not running out to adopt an orphan. Not yet anyway. But I am praying through how I can become part of the solution, rather than a big fat part of the problem. I think I'll write more about this later, but right now I'm still processing through all my thoughts.

Monday was the infamous "Jury Duty" and of course I didn't even get called onto a panel. They chose 5 panels of 35 people and I still didn't get to go. Every single person in that room was praying that their name would not be called each time that Jury Commissioner stepped up to the mic and I was the only one praying that I would get questioned. What does a girl have to do show her civic pride?

There was a guy called to serve who had a name eerily similar to mine. Same first name and very similar sounding last name. So I got all excited when they called his name, thinking they had just botched mine (like everyone does). Instead, a twenty-something male stood up and took his spot among the "chosen ones."

Maybe next time.

***No I won't.

Comments

  1. That concert was amazing and the speaker was very convicting -- I agree. I'll adopt Xavier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy is a strange dog. But if you want to adopt a kid, I'll switch you rooms and we'll make sure Lizzy doesn't pee all over him/her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My darling, you are phenomenal and one of the very greatest undeserved joys of my life, We clash, but we relate. I love you so. MeeMaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saved By the Bell.... Jesse Spano when she was high on energy pills! But luckily Zach was there to comfort her

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on Jury Duty! Kevin is also serving here in AR... He wants to get on a good case and is hoping for his name to be called too! Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micah,

    Your are too funny. I to am currently a part of a jury pool and one of the ones praying I don't get chosen. So far I have been able to keep them at bay because of orientation for the new company. As to adoption, I guess it's time to fess up. Your Mom and I are part of the solution. Have we told you that one of you is adopted?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Ottis is not blood kin!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I do love this lovely post about adoption! I just think it's something everyone should do, but I may be a little biased!! And just so you know, from an adoptive mommy.....you have been on of my biggest supports and encouragers throughout both of our processes.I can't even tell you how much that means. Love you. -Steph (yes, Hamilton)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog!

Popular Posts